Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2007, 02:17 PM

Default My NYC weekend (x-post from EDF, cuz OOT is home)

One night and two days in NYC

So my friend Phil, who loves driving everywhere picked me up in the early afternoon before picking up our other two comrades in Boston and hopping on I-95 south. On the way there a case of beer is consumed with blatant disregard for open container laws. We arrived in the city around 6 or 7 and made our way over to Shea Stadium where we parked on the grass on the side of the highway and proceeded to urinate on the surrounding bushes.

At the game I saw my mighty Reds go down 2-1 inbetween many $7 Budlights and and a hot dog. I really have no interest in the Reds except that I went with a Mets fan and felt like antagonizing him so I bought a hat and an Adam Dunn shirt before the game. On the drive home on whatever bridge connects Queens to Manhattan we pulled a variation of the Chineese Firedrill, only instead of waiting for a stop light Phil just threw on his hazards and stopped in the right lane, then proceeded to urinate off the side of the bridge.
Surrounding traffic was not amused.

After checking in to our hotel in Midtown we got dinner at a BBQ joint (sliced beef brisket sandwhich and fries with pitchers of Stella Artois), and went barhopping with some friends who live in New Jersey. I made the witty comment towards some couple taking forerver at the jukebox "What are you doing, picking out baby names? which was responded to by some bitch saying "Shut up." I was recognized on the street at 3am by an old summer camp friend I had not seen in over 10 years. he bought me a beer then proceeded to hit on the bartender despite her possible engagement ring. When we got back to the hotel (after being locked out for 20 minutes) we realized that the suite Phil booked only had a twin bed and a pull out couch. In an amazing Coup d'Etat Phil claimed the bed for himself, made two dudes share the pull out couch, and I threw the couch cushions in the bathroom and slept in the tub. Before going to bed a drunken argument arose about the order of defecation in the bathroom in which I claimed first dibs now that the bathroom was deemed my domain. I however forgot to lock the door and saw a camera phone sneak through the crack and take a picture of me on the can. In return I gave Phil a pressed ham against the shower glass doors when he had to take a piss the next morning.

The next morning I got to pick where we had lunch, but was then overruled when I picked the first Pub that served beer. I vetoed the indian restaurant and we went with the Mexican place I picked which was very nice inside, and had just opened so we were the only ones there and got great service. Best of all it offered an all you could drink in an hour special for $10, however it only came if you ordered from the brunch menu. I appreciate how they were encouraging us to drink as much as we could with breakfast. I went with four margaritas while Phil ran the gamut and ordered one of everything included in the special: Bloody Mary, Mimosa, Domestic Beer (Amstel light), Screwdriver, and a Margarita. We had the Nachos appetizer which I followed with a Western Omelet

We then took the Subway to Shea, watched the Reds lose again, ate a street side taco and I slept in the car ride home.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:36 PM

Default Re: My NYC weekend (x-post from EDF, cuz OOT is home)

LMB,

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 07-19-2007, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LMB,

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-16-2007, 09:43 PM

very good post here
Old 09-05-2007, 04:04 PM

LMB is the Bill Bryson of 2p2.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LMB is the Bill Bryson of 2p2.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm surprised I actually get that reference.

followup: Phil complained to the hotel about being locked out and also said that when he booked the room he was under the impression there would be two double beds. They refunded us 25%.