Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2007, 03:34 PM

Default a unique line I employed

Live game, 6 handed.

I open button with AKo. SB (LAG/TAG, plays good hands but aggressively) 3 bets. BB folds. I cap, he calls.

Flop is A34 all clubs (I dont have the Kc). He bets. I raise. He 3 bets. I call.

Turn is some rag blank (like a 7). He bets, I call.

River is another 4 (no 4 flush obv). He bets. I raise.

if you hate this say your peace now.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:42 PM

Default Re: a unique line I employed

Aren't we charging ourself by raising the river here? If he bets with a flush and paired board the whole way, what makes us think (A) he's folding for another bet and (B) he can't beat TPTK?
Old 08-31-2007, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Aren't we charging ourself by raising the river here? If he bets with a flush and paired board the whole way, what makes us think (A) he's folding for another bet and (B) he can't beat TPTK?

[/ QUOTE ]

my bet wasnt a bluff if thats what your suggesting.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:46 PM

Based on the board and the obviously interested opponent I'd say you're behind here
Old 08-31-2007, 04:08 PM

Assuming there's no cap HU on the flop and you folded to a 3-bet, I think this hand is well-played.
Old 08-31-2007, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Based on the board and the obviously interested opponent I'd say you're behind here

[/ QUOTE ]

What? Behind to what? He doesnt have a flush because he wouldnt 3 bet the flop when he could charge you more on the expensive streets. Theres almost no chance he three bet PF with 3's or 4's either, so a full house is unlucky unless he has AA. Unless he has A4s or AA were ahead here. Turn raise would be ugly because a smart/agressive player could possibly still 3-bet with a high C and you would feel dirty having to call or fold here. River raise gets the extra bet i nfor value and lets you fold with a clear consious if he 3-bets you

Nh sir. I tip my hat to you
Old 08-31-2007, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Assuming there's no cap HU on the flop and you folded to a 3-bet, I think this hand is well-played.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the flop call is fine even with no 4bet cap. Agree with this line being good and agree with folding to a river threebet (he usually has Ax and won't be dumb enough to 3bet if that's all he has right?)
Old 09-01-2007, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Most aggressive players would play just about any ace this way, and are very likely to pay off the river raise with an ace. The river raise is for value.

Note that he is right to play his ace this way as well, since we can be raising the flop with just about any club, and can have plenty of weak aces ourselves. A hand like AQ is going to look like the nuts to our opponent here, he'll surely 3-bet it and lead all the way, especially if he has a club to go with his top pair.

It sounds like you may be running bad if this action scares you into going passive with AK.

good luck.
eric
Old 09-01-2007, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I normally raise the turn in spots like this, but the 3 flush on board may make waiting for the river. The biggest advantage to waiting is to allow yourself to get away from the hand if it's 3-bet... you really can't fold to a turn 3-bet, as there would be too much risk of somebody making a move with a pair + flush draw, maybe even the bare Kc.

Another advantage though is that you keep your loss to 2 big bets when the 4th club hits, while if you raise the turn and the river is a club, you are going to face a donk quite often when you are beat, but will likely feel the need to pay it off anyways.

I like it. Well played.
eric

[/ QUOTE ]

I take back what I said and instead use this. Its what I meant only 10x better said
Old 09-01-2007, 05:17 PM

Didn't read, but I don't think this line is that unique and is quite standard for me. Leak?