Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2007, 09:44 AM

Default Flop: all-in with two pair on a draw heavy board?

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.01/$0.02 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $5.32
Hero (BB): $8.04
UTG: $3.00
BTN: $2.01

Preflop: Hero is dealt 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4 Players)
UTG checks, BTN calls $0.02, <font color="red">SB raises to $0.04</font>, Hero calls $0.02, UTG calls $0.02, BTN calls $0.02

Flop: ($0.14) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $0.12</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $8.00</font>, 2 folds, SB calls all-in for $5.16
Uncalled bet of $2.72 returned to Hero

Turn: ($10.70) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

River: ($10.70) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

Pot Size: $10.70 ($0.50 Rake)

Was it right to push all-in on the FLop with two pair. My thougts were that i'm in front against every over-pair and drawing hand.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:46 AM

Default Re: Flop: all-in with two pair on a draw heavy board?

No. raise to 40-45c
Old 08-31-2007, 10:00 AM

I'd be interested to know why you pushed the turn there - you're both super-deep so you have lots of time to stack him if you're going to. A pot-size raise to .50 essentially says "no, your overpair isn't any good, this is a flop I like and I'm willing to take control here."

On the other hand, with a board like that, we're probably happy to have the hand end, and the most likely way to get that done is to do something completely irrational-looking like pushing all-in with 400BB in a 13BB pot. If you have any fold equity (and at $2NL, maybe you don't), that's the way to find out.

If he calls a pot-size raise on the flop, I probably bet-fold that turn. The river is obviously the worst thing that can happen to your hand - you're only ahead of Ax now (which he might still have, but...)
Old 08-31-2007, 10:13 AM

I seriously doubt that any villain at this level folds an overpair on the flop. But he might fold on that turn and many others. Nh op.