Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2007, 06:26 PM

Default TPTK-AQ vs Big Slick for the Tournament Chip Lead

This was middle-late stages of a 180man sitngo. Villian comes out with a 3-4x BB raise. Previous few hands I was fortunate to catch the right cards at the right time which gave me the lead at my table. As I was saying, Villian makes the standard prefllop raise. I have position with AQ & after a ponder I decided to simply call & see the flop, if I didnt catch anything I would have foled. No harm done. Q comes out on the on the flop & Villian is 1st to act. I guess he felt like he was still strong & he could push me off the hand with a continuation bet. At best I put him on either middle PP or overcards. Considering I had TPTK, I wanted to take the pot right there & preferred not to see a show down. To my surprise he reraised me....maybe he thought I was on the steal...if so that was a horrible read...or maybe he fell in love with AK (I know that has happened to me at times). In any regard, I had to shove everything right there.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Tournament
Blinds: t250/t500
(Ante: t50)
7 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (7 players) Hero is UTG+1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG folds, Hero calls t500 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t1100)</font>, 3 folds, SB calls t250 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t1600)</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to t2000</font>, Hero calls t1500 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t2850)</font>, SB folds.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (t4850, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets t3500</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to t7000</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to t14000</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises all-in t18917</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB calls all-in t3324</font>.
Uncalled bets: t1593 returned to Hero.

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (t39498, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: t39498)

River: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (t39498, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: t39498)

Results:
Final pot: t39498

This pot allowed me to coast to the final table in which Im still playing &amp; maintaing my chip lead....Wish me luck!