Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2007, 02:11 PM

Default Where can i get recorded NL cash game rounds ?

ok i start learning NL cash games. the first book im learning is HOHv1 - i think it teach you good fundamentals(and its better as a first then PNL which teach you strategy- which is good after you got good fundamentals imo).
anyway i decided to lean the book chapter by chapter and then play a lot after i learned all chapters(use all of the info in games). i already read the book once and now im going to learn it(chapter by chapter as i said). but i need some hands to work with. where can i get NL cash games rounds ? mayB some recorded games etc ...pockertracker logs will be good enough i think - am i right?(where can i get some??)

thx [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-31-2007, 03:09 PM

Default Re: Where can i get recorded NL cash game rounds ?

[ QUOTE ]
Short video of 4 tabling 50NL FR on Stars and "how-to"
10NL Video: Week 1
Some full ring videos on Stars
25NL Video
10NL Full Ring Video: Week 2
Full Ring Weekly 10NL Video: 3
Video Archive Thread
FAO NL 200/100 players - Make a NL 10 video?
10NL FR Video 4
Yet Another $10NL Video
10NL FR Video 5:No Audio
***Video*** NL25 on Stars 2 tables...
***Video*** 100max 4 tbl on Stars

[/ QUOTE ]

thx it can help me a lot. i think logs from poker tracker can help me a lot too. where can i get some ?
Old 08-31-2007, 03:25 PM

I don't think HOHv1 (Harrington on Hold'em)is a book you want to be learning NL cash game strategy from. It is a strategy book for tournaments , a better choise might be No Limit Hold'em Theoty and Practice by Davd Sklansky and Ed Miller.
Cardrunners.com is a poker training website with a lot of instructional videos for cash games as well as tournaments.

Good luck.
Old 08-31-2007, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think logs from poker tracker can help me a lot too. where can i get some ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sharing pokertracker databases is against the terms of service of many of the major online poker sites. Just so you know.

I would recommend becoming a regular in the strategy forum for the game of your choice. There's a never ending supply of new hands coming in, and you can get instant feedback on your analysis of the hand. Way better than reviewing hand histories in a vacuum.
Old 08-31-2007, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think HOHv1 (Harrington on Hold'em)is a book you want to be learning NL cash game strategy from. It is a strategy book for tournaments , a better choice might be No Limit Hold'em Theory and Practice by David Sklansky and Ed Miller.

[/ QUOTE ]

couldn't disagree more. HOH especially v1 has excellent guidance for no-limit, tournament or not. It's not a perfect match, but the concepts are very applicable. v2 gets into a lot of tournament concepts that don't apply so much, true.

NLHT&P is aimed more at an aspiring expert. I think it's farther from good advice for a beginning player.

Read everything, of course, but MY recommendation would be HOH v1 first. His hand examples are particularly excellent, and taken from actual play.