Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2007, 08:36 AM

Default QQ against aggro tag

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1418845

I like call preflop here. hes been 3bettting me some times. But not too much, and not too little to take his 3bet really serious. If i 4bet this, he will only fold worse hands and shove better hands most of the time.

At this site you dont know what they are playing with in a RR pot, iv seen all kinds of crazy hands calling in those spots.. But is this very spewwy? I mean, im ahead of his raising range on the flop, but not sure, that if he calls too much with worse hands, or folds enough to make this profitable.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:39 AM

Default Re: QQ against aggro tag

standard 100bb deep
Old 08-28-2007, 08:40 AM

Call flop and c/f turn. Smaller pairs will slow down on the turn. Bigger pairs will keep firing.

I've taken this exact same line w/ QQ several times before, and it either wins me a small pot or gets me stacked.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Call flop and c/f turn. Smaller pairs will slow down on the turn. Bigger pairs will keep firing.

I've taken this exact same line w/ QQ several times before, and it either wins me a small pot or gets me stacked.

[/ QUOTE ]
if i check call flop, and check the turn, odds are he will bluff turn alot, since i show loads of weakness.. If i call flop, i do it intending on snapping one off on alot of turns..
Old 08-28-2007, 08:56 AM

He's not going to bluff the turn here in a re-raised pot after his flop bet has been called. If he does, then he is the biggest fish ever.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:59 AM

Standard hand, cooler etc.

You played it fine.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:01 AM

I don't get the flop crai? Is he ever really calling with worse?
Old 08-28-2007, 09:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't get the flop crai? Is he ever really calling with worse?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hes calling with 99+ and folding random overcards. However if we checkcall it looks sick strong anyway, and the random overcard hands aren't putting in any more money unless they improve (and if we are check folding the turn, we get bluffed out sometimes when he picks up nut flushdraw, thinks we are weak etc and shoves worse).

Also im checkshoving when i have big draws in similar spots, so they def can call me with worse. I have no clue about OPs image. I also can check shove here as a bluff vs some people (and if you think he's folding all worse hands than QQ, you certainly should be bluffing here a fair amount)
Old 08-28-2007, 09:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Also im checkshoving when i have big draws in similar spots, so they def can call me with worse. I have no clue about OPs image. I also can check shove here as a bluff vs some people (and if you think he's folding all worse hands than QQ, you certainly should be bluffing here a fair amount)

[/ QUOTE ]

Everything you say is true, but this is SSNL. No one is paying attention to the frequency with which you bluff shove or check shove draws. The best way to think about this hand is in a vacuum. Unless hero has logged a ton of hands w/ villain, and hero has reason to believe that villain has a good read on him (bluffing, semi-bluffing frequency).
Old 08-28-2007, 09:22 AM

If he's in any way good he's not stacking off with TT or JJ there. OP just doesn't have a big enough range for him to stack off on this flop. TT only beats a draw, and JJ only beats TT and a draw. So his range is SA/WB.