Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2007, 11:24 PM

Default 50NL QQ multiway on K high flop

CO is 62/18/.71 after 60 hands and is an awful callin station. BTN is unknown but i have noticed him/her limpin a few times already. I figured this probably isnt the greatest spot to cbet but i could see an argument for it. But when villian makes a weaksauce <.5 PSB do you just give up the hand or call and look for pot control (which obv more difficult OOP)??

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
Hero: $166.40
UTG+1: $50
CO: $62.10
Button: $49.50
SB: $0
BB: $60.85

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, UTG+1 folds, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($6, 4 players)
Hero checks, CO checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $2.75</font>, Hero ??
Old 08-26-2007, 11:51 PM

Default Re: 50NL QQ multiway on K high flop

I never have played this high but I think I call this for reason that no one has shown strength and he could easily be betting a worse pair like JJ-77. Problem is on turn I don't know what I do.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:06 AM

If he's betting in a multiway with a board this dry I think its pretty safe to assume he has at least top pair right? I mean what worse hands are calling if he bets out?
Old 08-27-2007, 12:10 AM

I cbet $4 here. Its a dry board and they need a king or better to call.
As played, I may fold depending on what I thought of Villain but probably I'd chk/raise to $8. It reps a monster and BTN really needs a good hand to call. If called or raised, I'm done with it.
If you call flop then being OOP means its going to be tough to get to showdown for a price you like, especially if CO tags along bloating the pot.
Ikaika, BTN could easily be stabbing to see if his medium PP is good here.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:13 AM

I would call and c/f the turn (or possibly call a small bet.) He could bet a lot that you're ahead of here (any pp and lots of air.) Yes, you won't be in a great spot on the turn but I can't see any other way to play it.

(Edit: except that I would c-bet this all day)
Old 08-27-2007, 12:29 AM

Why did you check flop? This is a cbet, like always, unless your reads really suck. .71 AF isn't going to be trying to push you off hands in position, if he raises you, ya know he has a K at least, and you are done with hand. They are folding here often enough where it's the best play. And if they aren't folding, at least you are in a better spot than you are presently. As played, you are in a difficult spot against unknown. c/ring without read sucks, you can call and c/c turn unimproved, but this sucks too.

Have to cbet this.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:49 AM

I think you have to bet this flop and then fold if he raises, you really need to find out now if he has the King or not, and calling his bet after checking flop does you no good in gaining valuable information, and you face a tougher decision on the turn. I'd try to take it down or fold it on the flop to avoid spewing chips later in the hand.
Old 08-27-2007, 02:36 AM

The K-high flop looks good for a C-bet. One broadway card and two low cards are most times very good flops to C-Bet, even if you missed them or if an overcard appeared. After you checked that flop, you are left in trouble. The best way to proceed is to call his bet and to lead the turn for 2/3 of the pot. If he made a feeler bet with a lower pair, this will give him some trouble and you might still win the pot that way. If he has a K, he will never fold after you checked the flop. So if he calls the turn bet, play c/f on most rivers.
Old 08-27-2007, 02:57 AM

Yeah agree with most everyone, bet out the on the flop and as played c/c.
A c/r here is horrible for whichever poster was suggesting it
Old 08-27-2007, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah agree with most everyone, bet out the on the flop and as played c/c.
A c/r here is horrible for whichever poster was suggesting it

[/ QUOTE ]

I suggested it.
As I also said, I may fold depending on how I feel towards Villain but I'm never calling here cos you're OOP and asking to be pushed off this hand.
Ok, everyone agrees its a clear cbet.
But as played we're in a tough spot.
CO checked behind us so we have to assume he hasn't got a king.
Now what does BTN think? He sees a very big stack (presumably a good player) raise UTG and then check a very safe board. Suspicious. And then he sees CO check.
So he puts out a weak bet. Who wouldn't? This could easily be air but I'd be leaning towards a medium PP.
If we call and calling station CO calls and then we lead out 2/3 pot, it costs as much as the chk/raise which is a far more powerful move plus we're giving 2 players a free card to outdraw us.
If we call and check blank (say a 5) turn and BTN bets 1/2 pot again (which he will with a 77-JJ PP), we fold.
If we chk/raise we take down the pot now if no one has a king or better.
The chk/raise also reps huge strength, AK at least, maybe AA/set. If BTN is decent and has a medium king, he may even fold.
In any event, it'll scare the bejesus out of him and he may call and check it down and we get to showdown for free from there.
And its great meta [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]