Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2007, 12:02 PM

Default Rate my and villain\'s play...

I don't know what to make of this; who was more of an idiot, me or him? BB appears solid tight-aggressive, a bit weak at times, button is a pretty typical fish, loose-passive-ish.

Preflop (6 handed): Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, BB calls.

Turn: (10.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

River: (19.75 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero folds, Button calls.

Final Pot: 26.75 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has Qc Qh (one pair, queens).
Button has 9d 9s (one pair, nines).
Outcome: BB wins 26.75 BB. </font>
Old 08-10-2007, 12:16 PM

Default Re: Rate my and villain\'s play...

Jeez.

I think you played reasonably through most of the hand. I might have just called the 3-bet on the flop planning on raising a non-heart turn, but capping is fine. It really looks like you're beat on the river, but you only need to take the chips home around 5% or so of the time to call.

BB is an idiot.
Button is even worse.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:25 PM

I think you played it well and your fold seems fine considering how it went down.

I don't know what the button was thinking. I think he was awake until the river and then passed out on the raise button.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:26 PM

How did BB win if you have 2 pair. I think its obvious he has a big pair here (unlikely AK based on post flop play). I have no idea what button is doing.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How did BB win if you have 2 pair. I think its obvious he has a big pair here (unlikely AK based on post flop play). I have no idea what button is doing.

[/ QUOTE ]

River: (19.75 BB) 2 (3 players)
BB bets, Hero calls, Button raises, BB 3-bets, Hero folds, Button calls.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:50 PM

Grunchage

BB's hand is playing ike a big pair obviously. BTn? who the heck knows. He could have 22 but doubt that that really. Could he have played 89 the whole way like this? I think you have the BB beat for sure here but BTN I'm not sure what he could have. Wakes up on the river when a 2 hits? Tough call here for you cause it looks like you'll be having to possibly put in 3 more BBs to stay in. BTN either has set of something or not much of a hand at all IMO.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:59 PM

BB is either

1) on tilt
2) one of those new breed of fish who thinks that poker is about waiting for AA preflop and then raise/capping it on all streets on a board of 3456K.
3) a maniac

Button is just retarded.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

River: (19.75 BB) 2 (3 players)
BB bets, Hero calls, Button raises, BB 3-bets, Hero folds, Button calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

DOH - im retarded. Unlikely that Button has a set. Why wouldne he raise turn with obviously lots of action there? Waiting until the river doesnt make sense to me. If i am button with 44, I rasie turn, maybe even flop if I think either player has 89/KQ.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

DOH - im retarded. Unlikely that Button has a set. Why wouldne he raise turn with obviously lots of action there? Waiting until the river doesnt make sense to me. If i am button with 44, I rasie turn, maybe even flop if I think either player has 89/KQ.

[/ QUOTE ]
Because he wants to slowplay it, let us do the betting for him and avoid knocking out BB by re-raising me. That's how they often think. I see it all the time.

BB said he made the river raise to make me fold AA/KK... I'm not so sure about that. It looks a lot like he was just tilting/spewing and got lucky. Maybe he had a longer history with the Button, and had seen him do this before.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:07 PM

I'm still [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] about button's river raise. How in the hell did he think 9-9 was good against two players both of whom have shown uber-aggression the whole way?

Button will take this pot away from both of you on the river as played approximately never.

Kit speaks the absolute truth about the BB. His play was nowhere near as crafty as he was describing. Sounds like afterwards-justification for trying to spew and catching a lucky break.

I know it's used a lot on here, but I want to be in games with the button if he's going to play like that.