Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2007, 03:23 AM

Default CardRunners.com

has anyone here ever used cardrunners.com to improve their cash game play?
Old 08-18-2007, 06:57 AM

Default Re: CardRunners.com

I think most of experienced NL posters here have CR membership. It's very good and totally worth the money.
Old 08-18-2007, 07:02 AM

I was looking at getting a cardrunners membership, a friend of mine keeps raving about how good it is, but I can't really afford the $100 sign up fee plus $25 a month [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-18-2007, 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was looking at getting a cardrunners membership, a friend of mine keeps raving about how good it is, but I can't really afford the $100 sign up fee plus $25 a month [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
same here. it seems you have to be at least fairly good at poker, before you can afford to sign up there.
Old 08-21-2007, 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll second that. I started with a $50 deposit, and it took my third deposit before I started winning. I ran it up to $170, I've moved up in limits, I am a consistent winner, and I keep a spreadsheet so I don't delude myself about that.

I keep reading about all the things I "must have" to be a good poker player. Some of those include: cardrunners, poker magazine subscriptions, at least 10 different books (Sklansky books, HOH 1-3, and others), pahud, pokertracker, poker stove, and Wilson Turbo software.

The reason I'm playing poker for real money is to MAKE money. I plan to turn it into at least a decent part-time job.

If I was making enough money with what I'm doing, I could afford all of that stuff, but then again I wouldn't need to play poker for extra money.

I have read about 15 poker books so far. Two were gifts, I bought two others, and the rest I got from libraries. I occasionaly buy a poker magazine, but I don't have any poker software or subscriptions.

I just got my free PokerStars shift with my Frequent Player points, and I plan to get all the colors, and maybe other gear as well, because it's money I don't have to spend on clothes (plus it's a cool shirt, and I can tell people that I won it playing poker).

After that I might starting getting some free books, but I'm not at high enough limits to quickly get enough points for a book yet.

Eventually I'll get to be a pretty good player, and out of my poker winnngs I'll eventually start buying that stuff, and I'll be an even better player.

Think of it this way. You have to play within your bankroll, and if cardrunners isn't within your bankroll, then don't buy it.