Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2007, 03:01 AM

Default 4/8 Hands

Live 4/8 hands. Table is pretty LP for the most part. Both of these hands happened close together within the 2nd orbit or so.

Hand #1-MP in Hand 1 is an Asian dealer who isn't very good at all. CO seems reasonable so far.

UTG limps, Hero is UTG+1 with K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] & raises, MP calls, MP+1 calls, CO 3 bets, Folded to Hero who caps it, MP calls, MP+1 calls, Co Calls. 4 to the flop

(15 SBs) Flop comes 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Hero bets, MP raises, MP+1 folds, Co 3 bets, Hero caps, both call. 3 to the turn

(13.5 BBs) Turn is the K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Hero bets,MP raises and doesn't have many chips left, Co calls, Hero 3 bets, MP calls, CO calls. (22.5 BBs)

Pretty standard so far? Flop play okay with the cap or just call the raises? Turn 3 bet good as well?
---------------------------

Hand #2-
UTG limps(loose PF), UTG+1(dumping lots of chips)limps, Folds to Hero in HJ with 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and limps in, Co calls, BTN(not bad)calls, both blinds call. 7 ways to the flop

(6 SBs) Flop comes 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]: Checked all around.

(3 BBs) Turn comes the 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Checked to Hero who bets, CO calls and BTN calls. 3 ways to the ribba

(6 BBs) Ribba is the 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Hero Bets, both call. (9BBs)

Should I have bet this flop when checked to me or is this an okay line here? Nobody showed anything at all on the flop so maybe I should fired at it? The pot was still small though so I thought a Check was fine.

Anyone just C/C this ribba or play it as played? I have been forcing myself a lot more to bet in these ribba situations but now I think maybe a C/C or C/F on this ribba is better. Not sure. Thoughts?
Old 08-21-2007, 04:50 AM

Default Re: 4/8 Hands

1 looks good. 2 I would check the river, I don't think there's much you get value from, and they'll sometimes check through better hands which saves you money.
Old 08-21-2007, 05:39 AM

Hand 1 is good. I probably wouldn't cap the flop though. Other than that good.

Hand 2 is good too. Betting the river is a coin flip. Any reads whatsoever would push it one way or the other. Betting is fine.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:58 AM

I don't think a c/f on the river is a good idea, unless Hero checks, CO bets, and BTN calls...which would have happened here, but did you know that before hand?

...but if CO checks and BTN bets that's another story (I'd lean towards calling there)

A check does seem more prudent though, there aren't many hands calling you there that you beat, right?
Old 08-21-2007, 09:43 AM

hand 1

a flop cap seems strange. online i would't deff.
could be facing 2 pair or a flush. rest is good.

hand 2 i think i would check the river. but i dont know live.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:09 AM

i like both hands.

the river in hand 2 is a standard bet/fold. laugh when one guy shows 33 and the other A6.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:41 AM

Hand 1: Flop cap seems odd. What was the reasoning? You're behind at least the 3-bets range, and might be pulling to a second best flush. Lots of outs to beat 2-pair, a set, or a weak made flush, so you want to stick around if you can. Seems like you've charged yourself an extra bet. Just a tad odd, not a big thing.

Hand 2: Doesn't have to work often to pay off. Most of the time you're going to lose a bet, but rarely you'll steal this pot from 88, 99, or a weak 10. You're also getting some value if someone calls with middle pair. two players in though makes it a marginal situation. Check might be better, but in coin flip situations betting out can win where checking can't.
Old 08-21-2007, 12:19 PM

Hand #1 I probably wouldn't cap the flop either.

Hand #2 I'll often bet the flop. Sure, lots of hands with T's limp in, but 4 players have checked, any overcards you can get to fold are big, and taking initiative here may help you fold out 88-99 occasionally. I may be spewing here though...

I like the b/f line on the river. I think 99 is the only hand that you can expect to check through that beats you. I'd expect to get looked up by a 6 frequently.
Old 08-21-2007, 12:35 PM

Hand #1: I don't cap the flop, like pretty much everyone else has said.

Hand #2: NH Sir.
Old 08-21-2007, 12:38 PM

Hand #1 I suppose just calling the 3 bet and not capping is a fine line as well as me capping. Capping was repping I had 2 clubs in my hand possibly. After my turn 3 bet that is def what they must be thinking. I don't think that they are putting me on a KK or AA hand now. CO was playing like he had a big pair or one club in his hand but he wasn't extremely thrilled when I 3 bet the turn so I am thinking that he had JJ-QQ poss AA but more likely one of the former. Oh no, does this mean that I am on that lower level of thinking of what do they think that I have?