Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2007, 02:18 PM

Default Friend\'s hand

I usually post in SSLE but I just spoke to my friend on his way back from Vegas and he told me about this hand. Don't have a ton of particulars on the HH but this is no brainer IMO but I told him I'd post it and see what the concencus is:

1/2 NLHE $100 buy in. Friend has $70 left in chips. Other two in the hand have about $200 or so in chips.

MP first to act raises $9, Friend has 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and calls, one other LP caller, blinds both fold.

Flop comes 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] MP bets $25, my friend is next to act and folds [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img].
I told him that it was a no brainer push with around $60 left. So he folded, the other players calls, they were both on draws as I told him they were before he told me what they ended up having.

Easy push for my friend?
Old 08-19-2007, 02:21 PM

Default Re: Friend\'s hand

shove preflop/ shove flop
tell him to reload pf
Old 08-19-2007, 02:43 PM

He dosen't have implied odds to set mine.

Dont fold flop, just don't.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:49 PM

Major Point: Doing anything besides going all in on the flop is TERRIBLE. I mean, I've never played poker before terrible.

Minor Points: Reload preflop, sitting with 35BB is dumb. Either raise or flop preflop as played, you don't have the odds to set mine.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:48 PM

Basically your replies is what I told him right after he told me the hand and I am no expert at NLHE.

Thanks
Old 08-19-2007, 09:55 PM

shortstackers don't setmine. They shove or fold.
Folding sets on this flop is horrible with 150bb, nevermind 35bb.
I bet your friend from the school of thought that if three players are allin pre before him, he'd muck AA because he probably won't win?
Old 08-19-2007, 09:59 PM

frond u should have folded preflop not your "freind"
Old 08-19-2007, 10:11 PM

I truly wish I was there so I could have have let him have it. He really should be playing short stack but he doesn't know about it I think. I'll have to lend him my copy of GSIHE. He was playing with a short stack(he didnt realize it) at the time and it was a no brainer push like I told him. If he would have lost he would have got up and probably not played poker at all the rest of the weekend so he folded and left shortly thereafter and stuck with the 2/4 LHE. He is a very tight player which is fine, but this was a golden opp to triple up or just reload.

BTW-Board paired by the riv and he felt like [censored].
Old 08-20-2007, 12:36 AM

Huge corrections on this hand & I apologize but he just informed me of how the hand actually went down, his actual stack size but I think a push is still in order here on this hand for him.

He was in LP after 3 limpers and he opted to limp here with 99(1st mistake)and he had $90 in chips left. 5 see the flop of 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img](he had no clubs). EP bets like $5, a few calls, Bigger stack($600+) makes it $25 and my friend folds,rest of the field folds, EP had called, rest folded. Turn 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] EP bets half the pot, Big stack min raises, EP calls. River is 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], EP checks, Big stack bets the pot and takes it down. She flashes Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]X

He should have raised PF inLP for sure but on the flop isn't this a push still after the action?
Old 08-20-2007, 02:14 AM

my friend asked me about a hand where he had the nuts on the flop, but there was a flush draw and he wasnt sure if he should go with the hand. am i a NLHE expert for telling him to get the money in?