Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2007, 12:53 PM

Default Some Sticky Situations in 100nl

So i was just hoping that anybody have has a lot of experience in playing full ring could give some suggestions to how i should play these hands. They are all hypothetical situations so just assume everyones got a full buy-in's at the 100nl level and are playing pretty well. Please include bet and raise numbers.

1. UTG w/AKo - I generally like to limp in here. Is that really to passive? Then if a late position raiser raises i can reraise or flat call in hopes of disguising my hand.

2. CO w/ 10,10 - Raise from UTG+1 to 4 dollars and two calls from MP1 and MP2 - Standuard reraise spot to 14 dollars?

3. Same as above but with 8,8

4. CO with (A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],10[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]) - UTG raise to 4, MP2 calls, ??
Old 08-19-2007, 01:08 PM

Default Re: Some Sticky Situations in 100nl

1. Far too weak - limping and re-raisng is fine once it's done in moderation. Playing AK OOP is bad enough, but doing it after limp calling would be a nightmare for me.

2. I just call unless UTG is a donk. I'd rather playing this hand multiway for set value.

3. Fold, far too dominated.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:31 PM

1- Bet 4$ or 5$

2-You can reraise (14$ is ok) once in a while but usually its just a call

3-call

4-I call when theres many players in the pot
Old 08-19-2007, 01:47 PM

i didnt notice question 3, about the 8's. So my Q 3 is about ATs.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:54 PM

Thank you for the responses. I'd really like to discuss situation 1 in more detail though. I just feel like raising 4-5 from early position is a weak play in itself. Because i feel like you will generally get 1 or 2 or more callers then your going to be force to play top pair top kicker from out of position, which i think is really a weak idea.

I don't think the limp is all that week because to me atleast it smells of a small/medium pair, perhaps even a poorly played aces. Atleast then your not committed to the pot, and you leave the door open for someone with Ace high to raise or if you get a raise and a bunch of callers your are in a position to make a big steal. IMO.

I would like some feedback on this
Old 08-19-2007, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't think the limp is all that week because to me at least it smells of a small/medium pair steal.

[/ QUOTE ]

i really dont like to limp even in early position. you can raise a little more if you want but dont limp. In early position your raise should be respected so not many players will call. And even if you dont hit the flop you can take the pot with a good cbet.

if you just limp, many will call, you wont know what they could have and then its hard to play for a big pot.

and I dont know why you say that a limp means small\medium pair. Many will raise small\medium pair from any position at nl100
Old 08-19-2007, 02:55 PM

Perhaps i'm giving the players at the 100nl to much credit. I know personally i love to call early position raises with suited connectors and small pairs in hopes that they have big cards and i get a chance to stack them.

Also it usually not a great plan to c-bet from UTG with AKo especially with 2 callers. Because with those cards its sort of black and white if you've hit the flop, you can occasionally try to pull off faking a big pair, but that can usually entail firing another big shell on the turn.

In the case that many other people limp, then play extra causious, if you hit than bet and fold to any strong resistance.

The reason i say it seems like a small/medium pair would limp from UTG is because that would be a common play for that type of hand. Very few people will limp with a small suited connector from UTG, and its not very common to limp with QJo or two random big cards. People limp with them because they want to hit a set.

I only want to discussion what to do if you have AKo UTG, because its easier to play it from other positions.
Old 08-19-2007, 03:03 PM

1. I raise this basically every time.

2. If you are going to rereaise, which I wouldn't since you're slightly ahead or way behind UTG+1's hand if he's a TAG regular, then you need to make it $18-20, not $14. Call would be the best option.

3. Call all day

4. I call here unless someone behind is squeezing a lot, which you'll rarely see. Folding here isn't bad here either, its a matter of how comfortable you are postflop.