Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2007, 07:59 PM

Default KQs - Huge Pot - ? on All Streets

After taking a week off and reading/watching DC vids, I dropped another 50BB today in 1,000 hands. I thought I played very VERY well, except for this one.

Unfortunately, PA crashed as it always does, said it was still running although I had terminated it, and would refuse to start back up, so assume no reads, except for TARCARDS in the SB (45/25/2).

Absolute Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $3/$6
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) x2ski is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises</font>, CO calls, x2ski calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (10SB, 5 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#cc0000">x2ski raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">CO caps</font>, x2ski calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (15BB, 5 players)
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets</font>, x2ski calls, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">CO 3-bets</font>, x2ski calls, SB calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (27BB, 4 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets</font>, CO calls, x2ski...

Comments on all streets appreciated.
Old 08-18-2007, 08:31 PM

Default Re: KQs - Huge Pot - ? on All Streets

Preflop likely best hand so raising for value is fine, of course when the heat goes in you're not too happy but will call for value.
On the flop you have top pair and ok kicker, you've raised the EP bets on the flop and have correctly raised only to get 4 bet. You are up against AA, a set 2 pair or all 3. I'm a showdown monkey however I can muck my hand on the flop. I can't think of any hands that they would play like this that you beat. You are basically hoping all of your opponents either have underpairs or kj. This isn't the case.
Again the turn action denotes the world's supply of massive hands and the 3 bet into a pack of players is not a bluff. There isn't even a flush draw for anybody to be getting excited about. Again your KQ is worthless and you're drawing dead.
You shouldn't be here at the river but you call this and pay off now you've burnt your cash, you're getting about a million to one on your call so pay off.
I will be agressive in multiway pots to the death however here you are clearly beat.

You didn't mention any reads on opponents but only a table full of maniacs would have me seeing a river here.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:16 PM

I'd really like to find a reason to call the river in this ginormous pot, but every single one of our opponents has shown a lot of strength at one time or another and I just can't believe that we're good.

I folded the winner in a pot about 1/2 as big the other day and I'm still thinking about it, so I might call for the sake of what's left of my sanity even though I don't think we're winning nearly often enough to overcall profitably. There are worse ways to spend $6, especially since I probably have to quit forever if all 3 guys show JQ/J9 type hands.

As for the rest... you could 3-bet pf, but whatever. Think we're getting about 14:1 on our second flop action with TPKG + 2 bd draws in a huge pot on a drawy board. I peel too. You might be able to make a case for folding given that we're sometimes going to have to spend a lot of bets on the turn when we turn a good draw even through some of our outs are probably dirty, but given that it's likely to be at least 3-ways it shouldn't get that expensive. I just don't think I can fold a pot this big when I'm probably still drawing live and the betting has been capped.

Turn is obviously fine. Try yelling louder at your monitor next time.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:30 PM

I 3bet this preflop vs a lot of people. Flop and turn are OK, and that river card is one of the worst cards. I can't see ever being good here, even tho the pot is huge.
Old 08-18-2007, 11:40 PM

" that river card is one of the worst cards"

Who cares what value the river was? The only thing that mattered about the river was if it was a spade. It would pure spew to do anything but c/c even if a K fell on the river. You're being whipsawed by two players with the PF raiser still calling. Crazy to think anything but a 5 card hand wins here for you
Old 08-18-2007, 11:44 PM

Honestly I think you can find a fold on the flop. It got capped and two people who werent the PF raiser did the 3 and 4 betting. Means to me you're pretty much always need big help, usually in the form of runner runner.

Cant do the math cause I'm 4 tabling but are we getting odds for the flush draw on the turn assuming at the minimum we're facing two pair?
Old 08-19-2007, 12:12 AM

pf is fine without reads

flop, raise is good, tar cards 3bets, means nothing, so you call, then some monkey cold caps it, which means you are losing, so you call

flop is good.

turn, you turned a huge draw in a huge pot, just call 4 bets and pray.

river, you missed your flush, and, the PFR now bets into 3 people who have shown tremendous strength.

You are now in last place, and this is a very easy fold on the river for 1 bet. Pot odds mean nothing when you are always losing.

The PFR will have AQ 90% of the time, or JJ the rest. Even if he is betting AJ, the two people behind you, one of them has at least two pair.

Calling this river is lighting 6 dollars on fire.

well played hand
Old 08-19-2007, 12:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Honestly I think you can find a fold on the flop. It got capped and two people who werent the PF raiser did the 3 and 4 betting. Means to me you're pretty much always need big help, usually in the form of runner runner.

Cant do the math cause I'm 4 tabling but are we getting odds for the flush draw on the turn assuming at the minimum we're facing two pair?

[/ QUOTE ]

when are you folding, when the PFR bets, and you have TPgoodK in a huge pot, no, so you raise, some ppl call, then some lickknob LAGTARD 3bets, which doesn't mean much, since the PFR just called, we now have the nuts, so you call 1 more bet, then some monkey 4 bets, and you call getting 5000-1.

Explain where you are folding the flop?
Old 08-19-2007, 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

when are you folding, when the PFR bets, and you have TPgoodK in a huge pot, no, so you raise, some ppl call, then some lickknob LAGTARD 3bets, which doesn't mean much, since the PFR just called, we now have the nuts, so you call 1 more bet, then some monkey 4 bets, and you call getting 5000-1.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had to call 2 cold PF... CO called/capped. Still, everyone was in.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I had to call 2 cold PF... CO called/capped. Still, everyone was in.

[/ QUOTE ]

i see now you had to cold call two on the flop.

I am still not folding though. TC you have beat alot, and the CO could have some open ender, or if he has bottom two, you have decent equity. Plus, if you hit a spade, you are money.

I still think I have the nuts on the flop, with good backdoor draw, so I'm not folding.