Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2007, 02:36 AM

Default trips, best way to get it in?

Thoughts on all streets appreciated. I don't hate the way the hand played out, but it felt awkward. I don't feel like I'm on my A game tonight, unfortunately, and am second guessing.

First time I've seen villain. Over a couple orbits, he's been a tad on the loose and aggro side, but nothing gross.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $99.00
Hero (BB): $139.35
UTG: $52.30
MP: $131.90
CO: $117.65
BTN: $100.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG calls $1.00, MP calls $1.00, CO calls $1.00, 2 folds, Hero checks

Flop: ($4.50) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $3.00</font>, 2 folds, CO calls $3.00

Turn: ($10.50) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $9.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $20.00</font>, CO calls $11.00

I don't expect to get more action from weak hands if I bet again, so I c/r to snap off floats and get value from a worse 7. I believe checking is correct here on a board like this to allow a floater to bet at the ace. I decided here to commit to my hand, since we're in a limped pot, opening up villain's range to more worse 7's than would be the case otherwise.

I despise my raise sizing, however, as it made for an awkward river. My thought at the time was a small raise would induce a shove from another 7 or might even get called by a pair. That thought was crap. Mea culpa.

River: ($50.50) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $40.00</font>, <font color="red">CO raises all-in to $93.65</font>, Hero calls $53.65

Total blank. I bet for value. When he shoves, it's a bit worrying, but I still figure to have the best hand easily often enough to call. Only realistically worried about 66 and A7.
Old 08-18-2007, 02:40 AM

Default Re: trips, best way to get it in?

When he calls the c/r you should be a bit more wary.. but yeah that's fine. But like, you gotta think what he's calling your cr with when an ace hits.. but I don't think I fold this. Maybe 25-30 on river.
Old 08-18-2007, 02:45 AM

Default Re: trips, best way to get it in?

I just bet the turn as there are still some draws that will give you action and you don't want it checked behind. If you are going to C/R the turn, please please please don't miniraise it like that. Your hand is so obvious when you do this and you don't get paid much when you do get called by worse.