Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2007, 10:25 PM

Default my HU tourney structure opions wanted

i figure 10-20 dollar buy in. ill draw up the brackets. ten dollars in chips with 20 min blinds starting at 10/20 and progressing from there. you win you keep your chips from your opponent to go to the next round and the second round will start with 20/40 blinds and so on until the finals. to draw the people use a deck of cards use like the hearts and the spades. the number in the hearts coresponds with the number in the spades and thats who you play. and well do that every round so that there is not a question about who gets screwed with the picks. unless i just use the card number to corespond with your seed number through out the tourney.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:30 PM

Default Re: my HU tourney structure opions wanted

You're going to have to clean this up and add more details (for example, what are "$10 in chips" when you have 10/20 blinds?) before we can intelligently answer this.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:06 PM

I have thought about this a bit since somebody brought up the idea to me and here is my thoughts on running one:

-$10 buy-in to the tourney, bracket style
-Each player puts up $10 per match up as well. If you lose the first matchup and are out, you only lose $20. If you win the first then lose the second, you break even.
-blinds dont go up. each player gets 100 BB's and plays until there is a winner. If the players decide to have blinds increase, then leave it up to them. Mutual agreement is good enough.
-The tournament fees (the first $10 that everybody pays) is paid out to first second and third in the brackets, 50/30/20 split.
-you could do this over the course of a month or more by setting deadlines for the match ups and having the individual players work out a time/place for their match. The winner would be responsible for getting the results back to the director before deadline. The players would post their $10 match fee at the time of the match, so director would never have to get involved with that money....only the overall money.
-also, I would have a standard blinds/starting chips structure, but leave it up to the players if they would like to change it to suit them. Say, standard would be 1/2 blinds with 200 chip stacks....but the players want a shorter matchup so they decide 80 stacks is plenty....if it is mutually decided, then let them do it. All you need back is a winner of the bracket, let them sort it out how they like.
Old 08-18-2007, 01:56 PM

10cent 20 cent obviously lol