Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2007, 07:37 PM

Default Kinda standard spots v pfr

So we're OOP because we're in a blind here versus someone who raised pfr. If it matter to you what position, include that in your answer, but assume they are a decent player- 25/15/2.5 or something like that.

Basically, the flop gets checked through and the turn is an Ace or King. What is our play with certain hands here?

1. 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

board: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] turn A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

2. 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

board: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] turn A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

3. 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

board: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] turn: K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

1 is the toughest for me, since I hate betting and being raised unless I shove trying to bluff off an AQ/AK type hand, and c/c w/ 8 high FD here is generally not good. C/R perhaps, but that's going to require a river bet a lot of the time if we're trying to fold a big A and that won't always even happen.

2. I generally c/r here, but it's rather villain specific

3. This is really though because he can bluff air, draws and lower PP if we check here, but he can also call with draws/TP hands meaning if we check the river we're setting ourselves up to be vtowned or bluffed.

Thoughts?
Old 08-16-2007, 07:49 PM

Default Re: Kinda standard spots v pfr

1) i usually bet/3bet or ch/f (really)

2) why did the flop check through? i dont like checking again.
im betting now, and betting huge on the river if just called on the turn

3) what was you plan for the flop? i generally nit up and just c/f on this board because if we just call his bet, he should be betting any river and we have to fold.
ch/r gets him to fold air (which we dont want) and he'll call with any K, becasue we never check twice with sets on this board, and good players will 3bet bluff you here often as well