Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Limit-->NL
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2007, 10:05 PM

Default Standard w/ TPBK?

Literally my first hand at the table. I've got nothing for reads.

Full Tilt Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

SB ($109.20)
Hero ($100)
UTG ($97)
MP ($41.15)
CO ($20)
Button ($330.95)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $1, CO calls $1, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: ($4) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP checks, CO checks.

Turn: ($4) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3</font>, MP calls $3, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $19 (All-In)</font>, SB folds, Hero folds

Should I have bet the turn? What's my plan if I check and someone bets?
Old 08-15-2007, 12:08 AM

Default Re: Standard w/ TPBK?

This is fine, especially the fold.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:17 AM

fine
Old 08-15-2007, 01:17 AM

Oh yeah, I had no problem finding that obvious fold. I was more concerned about the bet. Glad I seem to have this in order.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:46 AM

I even bet this on the flop sometimes, though not on a flop this draw-heavy. (T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and I'll probably stick a bet out there).
Old 08-15-2007, 07:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh yeah, I had no problem finding that obvious fold. I was more concerned about the bet. Glad I seem to have this in order.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'd bet with any 2 if i have so much as an overcard or gutter
Old 08-15-2007, 07:18 AM

Looks good, if the pot were heads up on the flop, you should bet out. 4 handed it's a check/fold usually on this flop. Turn bet/fold is fine.

One thing about NL is that when all you have is a pair (be it overpair, TPTK, overpair, or TPBK) you have a small hand, and you are best to keep the pot as small as reasonable. You also need to balance this with not rolling over every time someone gets aggressive and not allowing draws to get a good price.

Tricky, huh?
Old 08-15-2007, 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What's my plan if I check and someone bets?

[/ QUOTE ]
anyone not fold here.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
anyone not fold here.

[/ QUOTE ]

the all-in bet pretty much says "I'm not afraid of a 3". either b/c villain has 33/3x, or has something better than trip threes, or is simply betting "I don't have one - but you don't either" -- which in the last case is a semi-bluff, then, no?

But even in that case, he's already all-in. Even if we have a read that he doesn't have a monster here, I dunno that TPBK of tens is enough to want to call that down.

...the only thing that made me think twice about this was the stacks. villain is the shortstack here by far, and there's already $10 in the pot, so he's betting $19 to take it down right here. if someone calls him, he's betting ~$20 to win ~$30 against one opponent. I'm not sure how wide of a range that allows him here. (and how our hand would stand up against it)
Old 08-15-2007, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Looks good, if the pot were heads up on the flop, you should bet out. 4 handed it's a check/fold usually on this flop. Turn bet/fold is fine.

One thing about NL is that when all you have is a pair (be it overpair, TPTK, overpair, or TPBK) you have a small hand, and you are best to keep the pot as small as reasonable. You also need to balance this with not rolling over every time someone gets aggressive and not allowing draws to get a good price.

Tricky, huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very well put and this is one of the trickiest things I have been trying to figure out. Thanks for stating it so simply.