Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2007, 02:53 PM

Default EPassporte $5000 Account Verification

This may be blocked or moved, but for any and all of you whose Epassporte account may one day or already has surpassed $5000, I would suggest reading the following:

Any account on Epassporte that surpasses the $5000 mark (in at one time), is subject to "Account Verification". (Another) account verification.

1) You will be notified by inter account mail up to 3 times, then your account will be FROZEN.
2) You will be required to provide numerous documents, including, but not necessarily limited to Driver's License (front and back), Credit Card (Front and back), Check, Utility Bill and possibly more.
3) You can either fax or email, however, I would 100% suggest you scan and email.
4) You will be told many conflicting things and be asked for many conflicting things. I.e., you will get an email from Customer Service (CS) requesting ID and Utility bill, but the same day receive an email from Account VErification requesting more. Also confusing, you will often times get email from Account Verification on your home account. On their site, they say they will never do this?!?!? However, they do and they will ask for info. Makes avoiding phishing scams that much harder.
5) Your documents will surely get lost at some point and most likely you will have to send them several times.
6) CALL Customer Service. Do this RIGHT away. They are open in the late night hours, that may be the best time. Ask to speak to a "supervisor". Get a name. Ask for a priority ticket.
7) Call back again and again and again and again.
8) There is no # for Corporate or a manager to talk to, so you can try but good luck.
9) Hopefully, after about 3 weeks, you will be cleared and ready to go.
10) My advice, don't ever keep that much money in Epassporte, EVER.
Anyway, I hope this helps someone. It was a nightmare and it was a pain trying to find the right answers within the epassporte thread.
The good news is, it appears, at least at this point, that while their CS is AWFUL, they might not be crooked.
However, I do agree with several posters on here who have identity theft concerns. I may be getting some Identity theft insurance. All of those documents are about all you need to do a pretty good job on someone. And who knows where all of this info is going.
Gl all.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:34 PM

Default Re: EPassporte $5000 Account Verification

[ QUOTE ]

However, I do agree with several posters on here who have identity theft concerns. I may be getting some Identity theft insurance. All of those documents are about all you need to do a pretty good job on someone. And who knows where all of this info is going.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I don't think they're crooked but they're MASSIVELY incompetent so I have zero faith in them to keep my documents safe. I'm sure they just get the attachments in unencrypted email which is incredibly easy to intercept so it's already completely unsafe, and I'm sure they just leave them on their machines and any employee could easily take them home.

Part of the problem seems to be that the CS people are at some US call center and they have zero contact with the actual operations, so they really have no idea what's going on and they can't make anything happen.

All your advice is good. So far I haven't been successful yet but here are a few points I can add/repeat :

1) just to reemphasize, when they ask for account verification documents they do not give you a ticket number by email; rather than just send in your documents, immediately call them first and get a ticket # and then put that on your documents.

2) when you call they will often tell you they will call you back. They will not. You need to call back in an hour or so. Make sure you get the name of everyone you talk to.

3) limit increase and account verification are done seperately, even if they are the exact same documents you have to send them in seperately with the different ticket numbers each time.

4) when you call them and tell them you're sending documents, specifically ask them for an email confirmation that they are received - they don't normally send you any confirmation.

5) if possible avoid ePass like the plague
Old 08-10-2007, 05:58 PM

You are absolutely spot on. I've been going thru this bs for 2 weeks ...they locked my account last week because my account went over $5K and I didnt send in documents. Wtf I have been sending documnets just the prior week to get an increase in my account limits and they want my data again?? It's like they are trying to piss off even their loyal customers with the ridiculously slow turn around time on these matters. Everything takes weeks not days even for established accounts.

Last 7 business days I've sent via email and faxed all the documents they requested //still these idiots say they havent received my info..

What bs have to go thru this crap because my balance hits $5K....

Just found out they received my documents 3 days ago but my account will not be unlocked until next friday ..lol.

tbh all the kids I' ve spoken to have been fairly intelligent and helpful. But the account restrictions are so onerous and issues resolved so slowly that I may bail on these guys if this happens one more time.
Old 08-11-2007, 09:47 AM

According to DanDruff's post, every one you talk to is not at EPass just a call center and they send everything to EPass once a day. They literally have one communication with the actual office once a day. 14-20 days is about the average for this.
Old 08-11-2007, 12:23 PM

From what I can tell, there is a HUGE backup at epassporte when it comes to processing of forms. I believe they have thousands of forms that need to be processed, and very few employees at the corporate office working on it.

As has already been said, this matter does not reek of sleaziness, but rather complete incompetence.
Old 08-11-2007, 01:11 PM

I think you would be absolutely nuts to keep that kind of cash in an ewallet in this day and age. Just use it to get money in and out. Would much rather have my money in FTP or PS if (when) the [censored] hits the fan.
Old 08-11-2007, 06:47 PM

epassporte has really had a hard time keeping up with the rush since neteller shut down, and the 5k limit has always been there, but considering the fraud with the gift accounts etc. I t's not that unreasonable (they just take to damn long). There is a manager that frequents an adult webmaster board (epassportes bread and butter was adult before the huge rush in gambling), email him mike.olsen@epassporte.com and tell him you got his email from GFY.com (NWS site), and he should help get [censored] rushed for you.
Old 08-11-2007, 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you would be absolutely nuts to keep that kind of cash in an ewallet in this day and age. Just use it to get money in and out. Would much rather have my money in FTP or PS if (when) the [censored] hits the fan.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people need to move more than 5k around at a time to get a significant amount cashed out.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:02 AM

I'm in my 5th week and still waiting on my verification for two accounts blocked at the same time. First account (with much less money in it) was unblocked middle of last week. Second account they had sent me a confirmation email saying they had received all of my documents 3 weeks ago and would be reopening my account shortly, then last week they told me they actually hadn't received all of the documents and needed me to resend them. Finally as of yesterday they have apparently decided that this time they have them, and now I need to wait another 7-10 business days (basically 2 weeks) to get unblocked. Assuming they don't lose my documents again, I'm looking at about 7 weeks to get my money out. If you have any other option at all I suggest avoiding epassporte unless you want to have your money confiscated for several weeks to several months and spend countless hours dealing with incompetent CS while you try to get it back.
Old 08-14-2007, 02:18 PM

LOL so I've been trying to do the dang account verification for a while, I have a ticket # and all that. Today they froze the account because it wasn't verified and now they tell me that ht old ticket numbers are irrelevant, they have to open a NEW TICKET to unfreeze it and I have to submit all the documents again on the new ticket. This is beyond ridiculous. Way beyond ridiculous.

It reminds me of "The Castle".