Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2007, 05:18 AM

Default confused by my own fps

ok wont make a long post since i dont think many people will understand or agree on what im trying to do on the turn. villain is 18/14 rrs a lot pf and pretty aggro everywhere. i think he has a pretty narrow range postflop. thoughts on turn raise (given flop check)? do you like it vs certain players or nobody at all?

what types of players do you like a turn raise against?
would you ever raise and fold to a shove against any type of player?

and my intents were to raise turn so that i would rep nothing - and usually when i rep nothing i get people calling me down. so i hoped to raise turn so i could shove a blank riv and get called by a mid pair (which i thought was his most likely holding by far).

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $2/$4 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $358.00
BB: $897.60
UTG: $596.70
MP: $811.00
CO: $394.00
Hero (BTN): $510.60

Preflop: Hero is dealt T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
3 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $14.00</font>, SB calls $12.00, BB folds

Flop: ($32) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($32) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $32.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $115.00</font>, <font color="red">SB raises all-in to $344.00</font>, Hero calls $229.00
Old 08-12-2007, 05:27 AM

Default Re: confused by my own fps

Well his bluffcatching range that you beat is way to thin imo, and i cant se him potting with any of it.
Old 08-12-2007, 05:31 AM

Hate the call. The turn raise is fine.
How does a turn raise represent nothing given that the large range that can be attributed to a blind steal includes AT all the way down to T8 (or T6, in your case)?

I'd be very surprised if SB had anything other than 33 or a 9.
Old 08-12-2007, 05:37 AM

I think this is fine, u only have to win 33% of the time. Any idea how many tables he's playing? If he's playing like 12 then I don't like it at all.
Old 08-12-2007, 05:41 AM

I think the only hand he ever plays like this that beats you is 33, and while I agree that given the preflop action, a mid pair is his most likely holding, I doubt he's ever turning one into a bluff here. I think the only reason to raise this is to induce a shove from a hand like JKd or a rebluff or w/e. I don't think I'd ever fold after playing the hand as you did because I think draws make up a ton of his shoving range here. I actually kind of like this line here given your image FWIW.
Old 08-12-2007, 05:49 AM

call, it seems like a rebluff at least 1/3 of the time, probably much more to make it profitable. because #1 what woul d he psb for value on a dry board and # what would he want to get all in with besides 33 or 9x? and does he even CC 9X in the SB pre playing 18vpip? I think the aejones theorm applies
Old 08-12-2007, 07:03 AM

i hate the turn call...I mean i don't see the guy turning 88 into a bluff unless hes stupid.

I kind of like your turn raise given reads.
Old 08-12-2007, 07:39 AM

What is his range on the flop?

22-77?
Anything else?

Also, your turn raise looks bluffy.

[ QUOTE ]
and my intents were to raise turn so that i would rep nothing - and usually when i rep nothing i get people calling me down. so i hoped to raise turn so i could shove a blank riv and get called by a mid pair (which i thought was his most likely holding by far).

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy [censored]. I like this line alot. It blows my mind.
Old 08-12-2007, 07:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i hate the turn call...I mean i don't see the guy turning 88 into a bluff unless hes stupid.

I kind of like your turn raise given reads.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you put villian on then? He's 18/14 and cold called out of the SB so 9x is very unlikely. Also, if hero's line looks so bluffy, why would he shove here if he has a FH? I like the turn raise given OP's image, but it has to be with the intention of calling a shove since his shoving range here is mostly drawing hands IMO.
Old 08-12-2007, 08:05 AM

It depends on how he views you. If you are the kind of player that sometime slow play your made hands then I don't like this call at all. And I don't think that players bluff push this kind of hands more than 33% of the time, so if I don't have him tagged as an over-agro donk I would fold.

I think the raise is fine but I think a call down play is better to get value from the hands that you actually beat.