Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Limit-->NL
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2007, 02:32 PM

Default playing against <10% VPIP multitablers (microNL)

One category of player that I'm seeing at microlimit NL is the 8-10% VPIP multitabler, playing 8 or 10 or 12 tables.

Pokerstove shows 8.3% for all PP plus AKo/AKs &amp; AQo/AQs. Is this a reasonable expectation of what they're playing -- basically setmining? Or am I missing something here?

Also, if they're playing that tight, should I expect them to not really loosen up in the blinds -- they'll play anything in the BB unraised, obviously, but not likely to play much more in the SB or in a raised BB than they otherwise would?
Old 08-14-2007, 02:47 PM

Default Re: playing against <10% VPIP multitablers (microNL)

These people are usually setminers. They don't loosen in the blinds.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:38 PM

The only strategy adjustments you need to make are to steal their blinds with any 2 if folded to you in late position, and steal them cheaply (most of them will fold their BB to a minraise without a playable hand). If you are HU against them after the flop, always continuation bet because you will take the pot most of the time. But if you are called or raised, you should put them on a VERY strong hand. Give up / take a free card on the turn and rarely pay off any sizable bet on the river.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
These people are usually setminers. They don't loosen in the blinds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't play big pots against them without the nuts or near nuts.
Old 08-14-2007, 04:18 PM

How often do you play back against someone like this? (this is FR, too, btw) So far I've been in few pots against them -- because they're in very few pots at all, &amp;, when they act first and raise PF, I generally just fold whatever junk I'm holding. is it profitable to try to play back agsinst them for when they whiff the flop, or is that just asking for trouble?

aside from that -- assuming I'm in a hand with one and I've got something -- it seems like high flops are easier to deal with than low flops. If it's a high flop and they didn't connect, they're folding to the flop bet. And if they did connect somehow, they're staying in.

But, if the flop is all rags and they stay in, then it's not really clear what they've got, is it? A flop of 7 5 4 and they stick around -- that could be an overpair, or they could have hit their set, or they could have 66 with some OESD outs. Does that seem like an accurate read of how they'll think/play the flop?
Old 08-14-2007, 04:22 PM

Not that I know much about NL, but I would be 3-betting these guys with any 2 on occasion when I have good position. I'd be looking to take down most flops, but give up if they show any interest. They are playing fit or fold for the most part so if they are calling on low boards they probably connected somehow, or like you said, have an overpair so bet accordingly. I wonder how far these guys can make it and still be profitable?
Old 08-14-2007, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How often do you play back against someone like this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't play back at a setminer unless you can beat the hand he is representing. You won't get him to fold if he has shown that he is interested.