Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2007, 12:51 AM

Default Video of My Golf Swing

From the back: My Golf Swing
From the side: My Golf Swing 2

I've been learning Jim Hardy's One Plane swing with a teaching pro all summer. I wish I had my old swing on a camera that could get the vid on the computer so you guys could see the difference. The "around" look is a huge thing I changed and a key to the success of the swing. My swing now is controlled way more by my body and much more consistent. Let me know what you guys think or any questions you might have.
Old 08-26-2007, 12:53 AM

Default Re: Video of My Golf Swing

FYI the sound isn't synched and its in a little bit of slow motion for some reason.
Old 08-26-2007, 02:55 AM

Looks nice. Very smooth tempo.

Do you push it? Sideview looks like you have your weight really far forward already on the backswing.
Old 08-26-2007, 05:22 AM

I like the concept and setup ala Moe Norman, I would just inquire as to one thing.

This swing and setup is supposed to be very short and tight especially with that wide stance, yet you make a very big and wide shoulder turn with the club getting back to parallel. Now normally in a 2-plane swing, this would be ideal. But I'm not entirely sure if this is the thing to do in a 1-plane swing. The length of the backswing just seems to throw the timing off a smidge, I can't quite put my finger on it, but there's just something slightly off in the transition period.

What does the 1-plane swing feel like when you take the club back short of parallel? My guess would be you would store up just as much energy and actually swing a bit faster through the ball since much less momentum is bled away.

It's definitely a good swing, just commenting on that one intricacy of it.

BO
Old 08-26-2007, 01:42 PM

are you supposed to not shift your weight to your right foot on the backswing?
Old 08-26-2007, 02:05 PM

please explain this
Old 08-26-2007, 04:41 PM

Very good swing!

If I was your pro, the next thing I'd work on is your hip action in general and specifically through the ball I would want to see you get that left hip up out of the way more. I like the wight distribution too, although it looks strange to some, I think this is due to an over rotation of the hips not any problems in the upper body.
Old 08-26-2007, 05:36 PM

I don't shift any weight to my right foot on purpose. Its a personal thing w/ the one plane swing, (ala Stack and Tilt). When I shift my weight back, it doesn't come back and around my body, causing a ton of inconsistency and blocks to the right. I'm kind of glad you guys all noticed that, its a good thing. As long as I'm getting around and not down the line, my weight transfer back doesn't need to take place. I never put more than 50% of my weight on my right foot.
Old 08-26-2007, 07:20 PM

i dont know and dont care if its mentioned already BUT

i am willing to bet u leave alot of shots out to the right when u miss them. also, might catch them thin
Old 08-26-2007, 11:40 PM

Actually my main (not only) miss is not turning my shoulders hard enough which gets my hands out in front and I hit a high draw. As long as my weight isn't getting back on my right foot, I don't hit it right.

BUT, I'm suppose to only miss right which is a area of focus at the moment. Taking away half the golf course is a huge advantage.
If you look at the back view you can see my club looks a little over the top, my lack of hand/wrist involvement keeps the club square and adds a ton of consistency. Because ultimately its my "around" body turn that dictates the shot.