Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2007, 05:02 PM

Default 50NL: Two 3 Bet Pots And I\'m Lost

Villain is the same in both hands. No stats or real read as I am new to the table. He seems to be playing TAGish though.

I honestly don't know whether it is worse to just check and give up or to spew chips on these flops.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $27.50
BB: $19.35
UTG: $19.75
CO: $40.35
Hero (BTN): $49.25

Preflop: Hero is dealt (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $1.75</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $6.00</font>, 2 folds, CO calls $4.25

Flop: ($12.75) (2 Players)
CO checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($12.75) (2 Players)
CO checks, Hero checks

River: ($12.75) (2 Players)
<font color="red">CO bets $12.75</font>, Hero folds
Uncalled bet of $12.75 returned to CO

Pot Size: $12.75

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

Hero (SB): $49.50
BB: $3.25
UTG: $23.65
MP: $21.25
CO: $9.50
BTN: $32.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt (6 Players)
3 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $1.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.50</font>, BB folds, BTN calls $2.50

Flop: ($7.50) (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $4.50</font>, Hero folds
Uncalled bet of $4.50 returned to BTN

Pot Size: $7.50
Old 08-12-2007, 05:11 PM
 is offline

Default Re: 50NL: Two 3 Bet Pots And I\'m Lost

I would raise more pf in hand 2 to about 4.5$. I Cbet flops in both hands to about 2/3 the pot. In hand 1 your only scared of AK and in hand 2 also. If he calls you can give up the hands on the turn unless you hit a set [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-12-2007, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would raise more pf in hand 2 to about 4.5$. I Cbet flops in both hands to about 2/3 the pot. In hand 1 your only scared of AK and in hand 2 also. If he calls you can give up the hands on the turn unless you hit a set [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just made a pot raise. Usually OOP I add an extra BB, but didn't this time. I agree I could have made it bigger.

Actually in both hands I'm scared of any A, K, or Q which villain is never folding to a flop bet. I just wonder if betting is throwing away money on these type of flops?
Old 08-12-2007, 05:22 PM

You cant really check the flop in hand one because your hand is turned face up. Any A or K hand would bet this board for protection and just about the only hand that wouldnt bet this board is one thats going to fold on later streets. So IMO you should bet this board in hand one. As played I think you should bet the turn becuase I would have expected an A or K to bet the flop or turn so you can be relatively sure that he doesnt hold one of these two cards, but you cant let him draw to a flush.

Id probably bet the board in hand two also.

NOTE that if you are uncomfortable about cbetting in 3bet pots it is TOTALLY FINE to play like you have and just check fold. No shame in this AT ALL. Id much rather check fold than bet a lot of money when I wasnt sure.
Old 08-12-2007, 05:24 PM
 is offline

Most Tags don`t play AQ against a 3bet, so I would rule that out. What was your image at the table ? Usualy when villains only call my 3bet I put them on a smaller pair until proven otherwise.
Old 08-12-2007, 05:32 PM

Unless you think you have a rep for betting out on the flop OOP, you should definitely lead out on both flops. Villain will most likely fold second pair and pp's to a bet, but may (correctly) put you on a pp if you check the flop, and then try to steal. I'd probably fold to a raise on either flop as betting on the flop tells you opponent that this flop didn't completely miss you, and a raise on his part gives you a better idea of where you stand.
Old 08-12-2007, 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Most Tags don`t play AQ against a 3bet, so I would rule that out. What was your image at the table ? Usualy when villains only call my 3bet I put them on a smaller pair until proven otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Note villain's stack size. This leads me to believe he's not a good player, so I would be very surprised to see him fold AQ.

My image was probably TAG. Though I doubt villain was even paying attention.
Old 08-12-2007, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You cant really check the flop in hand one because your hand is turned face up. Any A or K hand would bet this board for protection and just about the only hand that wouldnt bet this board is one thats going to fold on later streets. So IMO you should bet this board in hand one. As played I think you should bet the turn becuase I would have expected an A or K to bet the flop or turn so you can be relatively sure that he doesnt hold one of these two cards, but you cant let him draw to a flush.

Id probably bet the board in hand two also.

NOTE that if you are uncomfortable about cbetting in 3bet pots it is TOTALLY FINE to play like you have and just check fold. No shame in this AT ALL. Id much rather check fold than bet a lot of money when I wasnt sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

I realize I turn my hand face up, but I don't think villain is smart enough to realize. Against good players that I would see regularly it would be poor play I agree.

I've been running bad lately which probably lead to my passivity here.