Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2007, 05:50 AM

Default Easy river raise?

Villain is middle-aged, Korean, and terrible. He's loose, but if he has a draw he goes berserk with it( he bet QJo in position on the turn in a 4 way pot on a T9xx board)

Folds to villain who open completes(we are SH)I check 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ez game

SB bets, I raise, he 3bets, I call.

Turn's an offsuit A and I put twice as many red chips in as he does, he calls.

River's an Ace and he leads out.

If this is a raise, how easy is it? Is it like lol ty for $80 or is it at least somewhat close?
Old 08-10-2007, 05:56 AM

Default Re: Easy river raise?

Weird, bc he should be raising pf with anything the he would would 3bet flop w/ and keep barreling when the 2nd Ace hits. He is prob terrible at sh and limped w/ Axd so I would raise river and call a 3 since he is spastic.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:08 AM

I'd def raise this
Old 08-10-2007, 06:13 AM

Thing is I really couldn't see him open-limping a suited Ace. I just didn't really know, I didn't want to get 3-bet and I was just really really confused by his river bet.

He has to have Ad Xd here for this to make sense, at least some sense anyways.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:18 AM

Yeah, it could be T8 or a chop so that makes it a little closer. I would suggest 4betting the flop anyway, bc of the fd and possible chop outs. Once you do this you can get the appropriate amount of bets in on turn and river becomes easier to play and you may even get a free showdown if a scare card comes and you are beat by T8.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:13 AM

no, sb is telling us he likes his hand by 3-betting flop oop, so calling to pop the turn is standard

if he has a set, he'd repop turn, same goes for T8 or 85, if he has just turned 2 pair with the ace, he might have gotten a little scared, though these bad and loose asian dudes usually go monkey when they've just improved to TWO PAIR

my only concern would be that exact hand: a fh with ace something

but against terrible, loose and aggressive players I'm going to value bet relentlessly

these guys take weird lines all the time and show up with all sorts of stuff, your hand is good WAY enough to throw in a value raise

a week ago, this dude went 3 bets on the river, got 4-bet by a dude with quads and the other dude called him down with JACK HIGH on a missed draw, he just wanted to know what the other dude had (paired board with three diamonds)

I've seen this stuff way too often to not valuebet these bastards into oblivion
Old 08-10-2007, 08:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

He's loose, but if he has a draw he goes berserk with it
Old 08-10-2007, 09:11 AM

I could see the SB playing A8 like this too. I would raise. The problem is that I would think that if he had Ax he would raise preflop and if he had a set on the flop he would 3-bet the turn. It is tough to put him on anything that beats you.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:39 AM

Look at the pf action, any ace, especially A9 or A7 would have an easy raise. Mid pairs would certainly raise too. Guys that are aggro w/draws don't usually limp w/Ax pf. I'd pop it one more time and call a 3 bet.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see him flip over a hand like 9x figuring the 2nd ace counterfitted your 2 pair.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I could see the SB playing A8 like this too. I would raise. The problem is that I would think that if he had Ax he would raise preflop and if he had a set on the flop he would 3-bet the turn. It is tough to put him on anything that beats you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought for a long time and I was just like wtf I have no idea what you have.

Don't forget he could have a oddly played T8.

Anyways, I just called after a long thought and he kinda stared at the felt in a "you win" sort of way and mucked when I showed.