Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2007, 03:28 PM

Default SD survey

Well, Silent A's ROR equation got me looking at some of my numbers, and I really hadn't even studied standard deviation.

Mine is right at 50 ptBB/100 (49.91 to be exact), and I'm gathering that's fairly conservative for PLO.

Just wondered what others look like. I do figure I play a fairly low variance game, but in a vacuum, this would actually look pretty high to me...
Old 08-09-2007, 03:43 PM

Default Re: SD survey

Mine is usually around 50 as well, and it is fairly conservative for PLO but typical of players who are working their way up through the low levels where modified nut peddling comes pretty close to ideal play.

And you're also correct that it looks high by almost any standard other than PLO.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:39 PM

mine is around 80 for full-ring and 90 for 6-max. I may be mis-remembering, but I believe bruiser/aba or some of those other guys said in a thread a while back said theirs were as high as 110 or so in short-handed high stakes play.
Old 08-09-2007, 05:19 PM

Interesting.

I'm currently playing the 100s FR on Stars, for which I have by far the most data, too. What's interesting is that the last few months I've been nut-peddling significantly less, but my SD has gone down just a bit.

I think it's actually this (possibly due to the nature of the Stars game): I've been bluffing a lot more often in spots that seem good and those now acccount for a large portion of my winnings--and those are 100% if they fold.

I've also been much less inclined to just shove the slider over when I have the current nuts but to do quite a bit of calling with position (OOP with either current nuts or big draw, I will just hammer it for stack, but not with position), hence my comments on Troll's recent AA top set.

At the 100s anyway, I feel like this has both reduced variance AND increased winnings. But the 200 does get noticeably more difficult (in the past, I've been winning there, just not nearly as much as at the 100--the complete fiasco was the attempt at the 400), so I'm not sure what will happen when I start playing there more regularly again.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:07 PM

Remind me where PT tells me this.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Remind me where PT tells me this.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Session Notes" tab, "More Detail..." button
Old 08-09-2007, 08:03 PM

Mine is 60
Old 08-09-2007, 08:42 PM

Playing about 90% 6-max, but some occasional FR if the games look good, my SD is at 84 BB/100. I guess I already knew I play a little high-variance though so nothing too surprising there.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:16 AM

Hmmm... yeah, Rempel's over 100 seems extreme, although honestly, even in the Ribbo hands he posted, I didn't mind his play--without looking back at the details, I probably wouldn't have seen the flop against Rib's AA, but had I done so, I likely would've played it the same way Rempel did. Given the actual hand, Ribs made a good call, but it was definitely pretty ballsy with naked AA.
Old 08-10-2007, 05:05 AM

please can u describe smth about syandart devasion
too lazy, sorry