Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2007, 07:32 PM

Default Overbet city NLTRN

Ok, please ignore not raising on turn...

reads: He has been fairly tight, although std. - aggro on his button, has made only fairly std. bets, if anything on the low side of betting normally, and I paid him off early w/ Top Pair Good Kicker vs. his flush

That said, what does his hand look like on this river and what do you (hero) do ?

also, his sharkscope for heads up turbos is this:

74 -$37 $138 -25% -$2,718

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (2 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

<font color="#C00000">Hero (t1405)</font>
<font color="#C00000">BB (t1595)</font>

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t125</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t200</font>, Hero calls t75.

Flop: (t400) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (t400) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets t100</font>, Hero calls t100.

River: (t600) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets t1295 (All-In)</font>, Hero ???

Final Pot: t2810
Old 08-09-2007, 07:58 PM

Default Re: Overbet city

Call. Looks like a naked 6 to me. Especially if he's usually cautious on the flop with 2nd pair but willing to bet it when a lower card comes on the turn.
Old 08-09-2007, 08:02 PM

As played I would call, but of course raise on turn.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:14 PM

I would call, don't mind a turn call against this kind of villain sometimes. You seem to give him a lot of credit compared to his sharkscope though. That's an ugly scope and you describe him as a standard tight player, those kind are generally the small winners at the 55s and 110s.

What about preflop?
Old 08-09-2007, 09:16 PM

std - tight saying he rarely ever called OOP, 3bet or anything like that, but stayed semi-active on his button
Old 08-09-2007, 10:31 PM

I can't call this fast enough, really. I mean, I can't really think of a player who I would ever fold the nut straight to in this situation.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:28 PM

ok, it was just such a huge overbet it was very awkward to me from someone who had been tight for most of the match, he had QQ, (I called), and it looks like everyone would do the same, so as long as im not a donk for not folding that im cool with it, thanks all
Old 08-10-2007, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Call. Looks like a naked 6 to me. Especially if he's usually cautious on the flop with 2nd pair but willing to bet it when a lower card comes on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
Cant think of the right words to say so ill copy this.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:57 PM

*grunch*

given he hardly ever bets and he probably views you as a showdown monkey, i'd expect to be against a pretty tight range here.

i don't think he {three-bet; checks} with very many hands that he'll bet the turn with - like if he would play AK or 99 like this as some do, altho he may check the flop and bet the turn even though that's pretty lame.

i'd expect all of his three-betting range (which you said is tight i think) to c-bet the flop except for QQ and possibly 66 (if he's thinking, he shouldnt really mind giving a card on this flop).

i don't think he can have 6x because i doubt we get three-bet preflop with a 6 unless it's 66.

the pot is t600 and it's 1300 to us. not only does he know us to pay off but it looks like we're showing down here, too (our line looks more like A6 or middle pairs than his does to be honest).

i can find a fold, but probably never would at the table

bbbushu

edit: okay it looks like primo posted results - all of you who auto-call this, what's our range for villain after the river shove?
Old 08-10-2007, 02:34 PM

2edit: its 1105 to us (lol effectivestackaments)