Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2007, 12:21 AM

Default FTP Headphones - UPS Charges me brokerage fee?

So I ordered a pair of "JVC HANC80 Noise Canceling Headphone" they were worth about 8,000 FTP Points. Worth basically 30 bucks on amazon.

So the package comes today and the UPS man says that there is a brokerage fee of 40.01 cent I believe I haven't looked at it since.

So I was extremely pissed that I am going to have to pay "X amount for something that is worth less.

So I went onto UPS website http://www.ups.com/content/ca/en/shi...clearance.html and found out that my fee is for something that is worth $200.01 to $350.00.

I have yet to email full tilt as I know they won't respond to probably Monday.

What should I do?
Old 07-27-2007, 12:24 AM

Default Re: FTP Headphones - UPS Charges me brokerage fee?

where do you live? I would probably refuse to pay the charge and let them take it back. At worst, you're only losing 8000 FTP points, which you can take up with full tilt.

you need to email Full Tilt ASAP even for the slightest chance that doing so earlier will affect their response time. In the mean time though, I would refuse to pay the charge and let UPS hold the package.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So I ordered a pair of "JVC HANC80 Noise Canceling Headphone" they were worth about 8,000 FTP Points. Worth basically 30 bucks on amazon.

So the package comes today and the UPS man says that there is a brokerage fee of 40.01 cent I believe I haven't looked at it since.

So I was extremely pissed that I am going to have to pay "X amount for something that is worth less.

So I went onto UPS website http://www.ups.com/content/ca/en/shi...clearance.html and found out that my fee is for something that is worth $200.01 to $350.00.

I have yet to email full tilt as I know they won't respond to probably Monday.

What should I do?

[/ QUOTE ]

Being in the mail order business in the past, if you fee is only $40.00 Canadian, they did not list the Item at $200-$350 on the custom form.

UPS is allowed to charge a fee for providing the Brokerage. IIRC, UPS charges up to $25.00 for this service. My last package to Canada was about 5 years ago.

If they have declared a value, and my guess is probably in the $50-$80 US range. UPS will also collect the Provincial GST and Canadian GST. I think that would be about 20% of the declared value. My business had to stop shipping to Canada via UPS because of their outrageous brokerage upcharge. We started to just use USPS to Canada Post. IIRC their was very little upcharge with their brokerage service.

Dennisa
Old 07-27-2007, 01:02 AM

Yes I am Canadian, FWIW I am not going to take this parcel till i get word from FTP.

Also emailed full tilt hopefully they can do some justice.
Old 07-27-2007, 04:58 AM

that sucks i got the earphones and they are nice with no problems [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-27-2007, 09:43 AM

It's unfortunate FTP doesn't contract with somebody in Canada to ship the headphones and avoid such nonsense.

I remember with the old Party store that cheap clothing and accessories were sent from Florida to me in Canada via regular mail, but fulfillment of orders like IPods was done by Best Buy in Canada.

Hopefully, this is the case with PS as well. (Otherwise I will need to change my plans to use FPP's for a TV!)
Old 07-27-2007, 10:45 AM

UPS sucks dick, they ALWAYS rip ppl off on customs fees.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:56 AM

I've had this happen to me before. Pay the fee, then email tilt and tell them how much you paid. When I did that they credited my account for the same amount within 24 hours of me emailing them.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:04 AM

I'm ordering a IPOD from the FTP store soon. Can anybody from Canada confirm that it's from a Canadian store or was it shipped UPS from the States?
Old 07-27-2007, 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm ordering a IPOD from the FTP store soon. Can anybody from Canada confirm that it's from a Canadian store or was it shipped UPS from the States?

[/ QUOTE ]

It will be shipped from Van Nuys California