Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2007, 10:44 PM

Default 25NL KQs flop TPGK

villian just sat down so no reads

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 8 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $4.75
BB: $7.00
UTG: $49.30
UTG+1: $13.95
Hero (MP1): $96.95
MP2: $9.45
CO: $10.80
BTN: $23.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (8 Players)
UTG calls $0.25, UTG+1 calls $0.25, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.00</font>, 5 folds, UTG calls $0.75, UTG+1 calls $0.75

Flop: ($3.60) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">UTG+1 bets $1.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.00</font>, UTG folds, <font color="red">UTG+1 raises all-in to $12.95</font>, Hero ???

i only min raised flop cause UTG and i are deep, dont want to make it too big... and i was going to cbet 3$ anyways... wrong?

call or fold? 1:1 pot odds not looking so hot?
Old 08-09-2007, 11:12 PM

Default Re: 25NL KQs flop TPGK

If I were going to raise pf I'd make it $1.50. Not a big fan of the min-raise on the flop. You mention that you don't want to make it too big but that's not giving yourself credit for being able to get away from the hand if things get out of hand with UTG (which you have no reason to suspect at this point).

I'd raise flop to $6 or so and obviously call UTG+1's push. As played, you are getting just under 2:1 odds on the call, not 1:1. I'd call here.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As played, you are getting just under 2:1 odds on the call, not 1:1. I'd call here.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, i need math lessons.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:20 AM

I am probaly the only one who is going to say this but i fold. I doont know if players are this agressive with just one pair at this level. JTs and 8's + 9's are definitly in the limping range for alot of players in EP.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:57 AM

Id raise more pf (1.25 or 1.5), and raise more on the flop 5.25 or so to isolate (saves money if utg flopped a monster and throws down the hammer) and call shove from utg +1.

As played I fold, at these limit a lot of people will read a min raise as a good hand and his push over the top screams j10, 2pr or a set.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:40 AM

You don't see many 3-bet AIs here with hands that don't dominate you. I fold. However, if you raised reasonable amounts pre and on the flop, the hand would be much easier to play.
Old 08-10-2007, 07:05 AM

Raise more preflop or call, I don't like this potsweetener. On the flop I would just call because if your raise big you are going to fold out every hand you beat and get only looked up by hands that beat you (+ the deep stack has to act yet). I mean villain could realistically only be betting TT-JJ (shortstacks sometimes call with this), QJ, QT, 88, 99, KK-AA, JT (limping as shortstack after someone else is also popular these days). He couldn't be drawing cheap with T7 or 67 that are almost impossible hands for him to hold (and fwiw also a tiny part of his range. As played you should fold and give him credit for a hand that beat yours.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:31 AM

Limp behind PF. Your raise makes it too easy to commit against the smaller stack with a weak hand, and too difficult to play against the big stack. A larger raise is reasonable as well if you believe you have some FE.

On the flop, you are getting close to playing for stacks with UTG+1. One more bet and he'll have put 1/3 of his stack in, which means you'll be getting 2:1 odds or better to any subsequent all in. You have to ask yourself at this point whether UTG+1 will be getting it all in with a worse hand than TPGK often enough to play for his stack here. What is his range? You are ahead of QJ, QT, middle pair+ gutshot hands, and some low PPs. Is it likely he is bluffing into 2 other players? Maybe.

If you raise and ask him to play for stacks (which a raise does), then any subsequent all in is going to be the stronger part of his range and I think you'll be getting the worst of it. If you call here then 1/3 of his stack has not gone in, you can keep the pot small, and you allow him to overplay the weaker part of his range. You still won't be committed, but realize that you are going to have to make a difficult turn decision, because at that point if he bets he will be asking to play for stacks. However, at that point he'll still have his weaker hands in range, so you should be more willing to commit. Of course, UTG might do something in between to give you more information, and that wouldn't be a bad thing.

If UTG+1 checks the turn, you have an easy river value bet/call, or you might consider a small turn bet to "tax" a draw.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:39 AM

No reads? I think you can fold. By default i've found people at this level call too much rather than raise too much, so i'd give him credit for 2 pair+. Even if you give him QJ in his range it doesn't help you enough to call.