Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2007, 11:20 PM

Default Ghost Life vs Real Life

I was thinking about this the other day... so, which would you choose? Live as you do now, or live as a ghost (details below) for however long as you want (i.e. you choose when you want to 'die'). Also, you get 3 years to prepare for your transformation into Ghost. You can take care of and prepare your loved ones for your departure.

Rules as Ghost:

1) You can move through solid objects like normal ghosts, but your field of view is as if you were human. If you were in a room, you can't see into another room through a wall. You also wouldn't be able to see someone's hole cards if they were face down, since there's not enough space between the cards and the felt.

1b) You are gifted with illumination... so if you did want to go explore some deep dark cave, you'd be allowed to see what's there even though there's no light. You also are gifted with clear underwater vision, so you won't be seeing blurry stuff if you choose to explore the sea.

2) You can float around quickly say at around 100mph, and you are not affected by any real forces.

3) You are not limited to the Earth, but be careful about exploring the universe... it would take you nearly forever to get to the moon, and if somehow you weren't too bored traveling at 100mph in the nothingness of space for hundreds of millions of years, you might never find your way back and forced to pull the plug.

4) You are not a poltergeist and will have zero influence on the real world. No mediums will be able to make contact with you. And, there are not going to be other Ghosts that you can make contact with.

So, who would choose this life? I think it could be very neat... your choices would be very different than your normal world choices. It would be more related to what do you want to observe tonight. Do you feel like watching Game 7 of the World Series, or do you want to check out what Elisha Cuthbert is doing tonight and with whom?

You get to see the history of the world, and while you won't know everything, you'll be learning a ton and enjoy being the ultimate spectator of life.

So, in all seriousness, who would choose this life as Ghost? And, if you choose the Ghost life, what do you think you'd want to check out most? And, how long before you actually got bored of the Ghost life?

-RMJ
Old 08-06-2007, 11:32 PM

Default Re: Ghost Life vs Real Life

When I think of being a ghost, I think of wanting to [censored] with people, not merely observe everything that goes on. I want to be able to cause a multi-car collision on a busy city street, or pull somebodys pants off during an important business meeting.

If I'm forced strictly to observe, with no ability to interact with anything around me, I'd rather be alive.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:35 PM

ghost life sounds pretty sucky. how long before you would go insane from having no real contact with other people?
Old 08-06-2007, 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ghost life sounds pretty sucky. how long before you would go insane from having no real contact with other people?

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, what if you were allowed to say bring along a group of buddies, or loved ones (10ish) that could join you in the Ghost life?

Would that tip the scales a bit more?

-RMJ
Old 08-06-2007, 11:44 PM

could you interact with them fully in the ghost world?
Old 08-06-2007, 11:45 PM

RMJ,

What would I do for food? It sounds like I would have to give it up. Sorry mang, life without cheese fries or pizza is unacceptable.

Also, what about access to booze or drugs? If I don't have to work and can't get hurt by running into walls and stuff then I might as well be fkd up all the time.

I'm not sure you've thought this through very well to be honest.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:48 PM

Ya I suppose you could have some ghost sex and talk and chill. But, you couldn't do a lot of stuff still, since you can't interact with real world objects.

-RMJ
Old 08-06-2007, 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ya I suppose you could have some ghost sex and talk and chill. But, you couldn't do a lot of stuff still, since you can't interact with real world objects.

-RMJ

[/ QUOTE ]

way to cave in.

pretty soon ghost life will just consist of not being able to tan.

You're right, I definitely didn't dedicate a ton of thought into it... it was more of an on-and-off topic in my head for a day. Suppose there would be no hunger pangs and you would always feel as if you just ate a good meal.

-RMJ

yeah another thing.. if you can't interact with real world objects, how are you standing on the floor? do you just fly at floor level, giving the appearance of standing.