Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2007, 09:55 PM

Default Seen Flop % in LLO8

I am just starting out in LO8 (.25/.50 and .50/1) and am wondering what a reasonable % of flops seen is.

I'm also curious about how much this should vary between ring and 6-max games.

and on a third note, does anyone know what a reasonable BB/100 return is for these limits?
Old 08-08-2007, 11:29 PM

Default Re: Seen Flop % in LLO8

I play those same levels and I have found that a VPIP (voluntarily put money in pot) between 17 and 25 for full ring is pretty good. As you get more comfortable, it is okay to open up more but starting out I think it's good to play tight preflop. I don't know how this would be adjusted for 6-max because I don't play it.

2-3 BB/100 would be a solid return, although anything more than zero is better than the majority of all players.

Hope that helps you out a bit.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:47 PM

Beginners should probably stick to 15-20 VPIP in full ring. As you get better you can play more hands for profit, but generally in some very loose games you will get no steal opportunities and few to open up. Playing anything over 35 VPIP is for sure mega-spew at low-limits.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:51 AM

Thanks for your quick replies!

Unfortunately I cant track my VPIP because I use a mac.

If I just took the "seen flop" % that the poker room records and subtract about 8% or so to account for hands when I've limped from the BB, that should get me to a reasonable approximation of VPIP, right?
Old 08-09-2007, 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If I just took the "seen flop" % that the poker room records and subtract about 8% or so to account for hands when I've limped from the BB, that should get me to a reasonable approximation of VPIP, right?

[/ QUOTE ]
That sounds about right.

Depends on how much preflop raising there is though. If there was never a preflop raise, you would subtract 10%. If it was always raised, you wouldn't subtract anything. So try<ul type="square">you_saw_flop - ((100% - table_preflop_raise) * 10%)[/list]if you're feeling type-A. Even that won't be totally accurate, like if it's not always 10-handed or if somebody's raising a lot from a certain position.