Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2007, 10:15 PM

Default 10k HU NLTRN

I mean we obviously know genius is the king of HU, but he seems to be late or missing the regs in these 10ks, however, imper1um (Zangbezan24) and APerfectGent have both made the finals twice I believe and put up otherwise impressive results, can anyone comment (if you've watched any of the matches) on what these non-HU'rs are doing right or what is allowing them to beat out the regular HU crowd? just thought we might get some interesting discussion going
Old 08-05-2007, 11:45 PM

Default Re: 10k HU

Regardless of who wins, it's going to be some time until you can tell just by results who the best players are in this thing.

However, if some good players are railing these they can probably tell a lot quicker who is playing the best with this structure. From what I've heard the field has been somewhat soft for the buyin, but I don't know personally.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:11 AM

Yeah I'm sure that it's going to take quite a while until the better players are able to stand out. I'm surprised that you've heard the field is tough, seems like there are quite a few very good players entered. Maybe there's the three or four odd donkeys that make it a lucrative tournament for the better players.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:34 AM

Great name players from HU cash or 6 max or MTTs don't necessarily make for great HUSNG players. But I don't know which ones, if any, are the weak links. Like I said, I just heard it from other people (just 2 tbh).
Old 08-06-2007, 09:22 AM

well Stevesbets, Iftarii, genius, as well as a few other WELL known HU players are typically entered every week, but I dunno I guess we will have to wait a few more months to have this conversation ;p