Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 02:50 PM

Default Dealer commenting on tokes

Yesterday I was playing at St. Louis' Harrahs 1/2 nl game. I had won 2 pretty big pots ( 250$ or more) in a row. Out of sheer adrenaline/ excitement, it slipped my mind to leave a toke (tip) b/c i was still raking in chips and thinking about the hand.

Now, I am always one to tip, and never forget except SOMETIMES when I win big pots and I forget.

The dealer says, "Hey you won two big pots and didn't leave the dealer anything?" slightly joking, but nontheless, looking for a tip.

To preface this, earlier he had asked a couple of my friends who are regulars there if they knew me, and they responded yes.

His asking for tips really bothered me, as I don't think its fair for ANY dealer to ever ask for a tip. What would be the correct line of action?
Old 08-07-2007, 03:00 PM

Default Re: Dealer commenting on tokes

If you've tipped him in the past and its known that you commonly tip, and you just forgot in this case, I think the line I take is:

"Oops, sorry man, I forgot. Here you go." And toss him a few chips.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:00 PM

Default Re: Dealer commenting on tokes

to keep B&M from becoming the all tipping, all the time forum its best that we lock this thread. There is an active and very interesting tipping thread right now, hold off until that thread dies before trying this one again.

PS: read the forum stickies to see why it's being locked.
Closed Thread