Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2007, 01:42 PM

Default goals for poker in general?

I was thinking earlier today about my long-term goals for poker. I know there are monthly threads about making $x or achieving Xptbb/100 over a certain number of hands but this doesn't address what I'm asking. What do you guys want out to do with poker in the long-term? Given that this is uNL, most of us will move up eventually so what do you guys want? Do you want to see how high you can be adequately rolled for and play at that level or do you want to eventually make >$100/hr or do you just want a way to bring in some cash on the side?
I'm trying to decide for myself and want to know what all of you think.
Holla,
Mario
Old 08-03-2007, 01:46 PM

Default Re: goals for poker in general?

all i know is that i don't play enough.
Old 08-03-2007, 01:47 PM

make lots of scrilla
Old 08-03-2007, 01:54 PM

My goal is to make it to the high stakes and play for a living...quit my day job/the rat race.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:36 PM

Like anything ... use the game to learn about myself and my limitations because poker reveals dark secrets ... tilt, aggression, competitiveness, persistence, willingness to do what it takes, brain power, ego ... stretch said limitations and/or learn to work within them.

I love how poker does this ... then the money comes as a natural progression from these efforts.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Like anything ... use the game to learn about myself and my limitations because poker reveals dark secrets ... tilt, aggression, competitiveness, persistence, willingness to do what it takes, brain power, ego ... stretch said limitations and/or learn to work within them.

I love how poker does this ... then the money comes as a natural progression from these efforts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really like your view on poker Mingdu and I feel it's that frame of mind that enables me to control those negative effects by focusing on the long term.

Myself I'm currently working on a 100k hands goal and then I'll assess if I think I'm ready to move up a limit. I've a very nitty bankroll management type person and I'll be well over rolled for the limit increase when the time comes, and if I weren't I'd continue pecking away until I was.

My "pipe dream" sort of goal is to attain Supernova status on Stars next year via cash game grinding. Here's hoping that can be possible!
Old 08-03-2007, 03:00 PM

Make some money on the side and hopefully move up one or two levels and just sit there, because I'm happy enough (for now!). I already have a decent job that pays real well with benefits, so I'm not giving that up.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

vnh
Old 08-03-2007, 03:03 PM

i want to have the kind of parties where people show up with cocaine and give out cards.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:28 PM

word