Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2007, 09:58 PM

Default One month into summer, with pics

So I've been lifting 3 times a week, taking muay thai and brazilian jiu jitsu classes 3-4 times a week (2 hours together), running 3 miles atleast 5 days out of the week, eating a fairly strict diet, and I swore to cut the beer out for 3 full months before I go back to college.

June 11th weighed in at 214.5lbs
July 11th weighed in at 209.5lbs

Old 07-11-2007, 10:40 PM

Default Re: One month into summer, with pics

Wow with that program figure you would loose a bit more. Though your not that out of shape like myself. You can see the difference though.How Tall are you?
Old 07-11-2007, 11:33 PM

6'2, and I was kind of concerned also thinking I would have lost more, however, 1)from the pictures its obvious that I'm making progress, 2) I'm quite certain that the 5lbs is PURE fat, and that I've actually lost closer to ~15lbs of fat and just put on muscle

Now that I'm on a set schedule, eating properly, and busting my ass, I expect with the full 2 months left that I have, that the lbs will just shed off. As you can see, nothing else on my body really has any fat, besides my midsection. My legs, arms, face, is pretty toned, it's just my chest/gut.

4 years ago I was 5'7 (maybe 5'8) and weight 240lbs

I'm not getting discouraged, and plan to stick it out the next 2 months... if anybody wants any specifics, or has any questions I would actually like to answer them, as I've been working my ass off, and in another month I will add 3 more pics...
Old 07-12-2007, 01:00 AM

I would be interested in more specifics. especially about calorie consumption, how do u maintain something that will work over multi-month timescale that is not too harsh but still provides basis for fat reduction along with serious exercise?

nice work, btw.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:33 AM

Nice. You can definitely see progress. Well done.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
6'2, and I was kind of concerned also thinking I would have lost more, however, 1)from the pictures its obvious that I'm making progress, 2) I'm quite certain that the 5lbs is PURE fat, and that I've actually lost closer to ~15lbs of fat and just put on muscle

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to be a spoil-sport, but it is essentially impossible to gain lean muscle mass faster than 1-1.5lbs/month. Good work nonetheless.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to be a spoil-sport, but it is essentially impossible to gain lean muscle mass faster than 1-1.5lbs/month. Good work nonetheless.

[/ QUOTE ]

source? i've read lots of different estimations for how much muscle can be gained per week, usually between .25-1.5lbs depending on the author...but it also depends on circumstances, beginner can gain much faster than more experienced...
Old 07-12-2007, 02:56 AM

Christian Thibaudeau, "Under the best possible circumstances (perfect diet, training, supplementation, and recovery strategies) the average male body can manufacture between 0.25 and 0.5 pounds of dry muscle tissue per week. That is the amount your natural body chemistry will allow you to build. So we're talking about around one or two pounds per month."

It is so hard to train under "best possible circumstances" that I usually think of 2lbs/month as a dream scenario, outside the reach of normal life.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Christian Thibaudeau, "Under the best possible circumstances (perfect diet, training, supplementation, and recovery strategies) the average male body can manufacture between 0.25 and 0.5 pounds of dry muscle tissue per week. That is the amount your natural body chemistry will allow you to build. So we're talking about around one or two pounds per month."

It is so hard to train under "best possible circumstances" that I usually think of 2lbs/month as a dream scenario, outside the reach of normal life.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is very wrong. We all know people who balloon faster than this. Many people on this forum (hell I have), have gained more weight than this while taking andro style supps. Underweight "ectomorphs" who just don't eat can crush this.
Old 07-12-2007, 05:04 AM

Thremp, "dry" muscle tissue. I get big and puffed when I'm on creatine, but most of that is water in the cells.