Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2007, 11:54 AM

Default Hit jackpot,how to get payd maximum

Stars 3/6$ 6tbl
Hero in BB with 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Midle raise,all folds,hero calls
No info about oponent,he just sited,second hand delt.
Flop:6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero check,MD bet,Heri raise,MD call
Turn:6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero bet,MD raise,Hero call
River:6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero check,MD bet,Hero raise and it`s caped by both on the end
Pot:94$[15.66BB]rake:3$
I know hands like this are our profit for hours play,if u miss something u won`t be wining,and maybe wining at all.Did i`m not get here to tricky?Can i do beter?
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 08-04-2007, 01:20 PM

Default Re: Hit jackpot,how to get payd maximum

Looks fine.

Preflop is probably marginal but whatever.
Flop is standard.
Turn you could argue for 3betting, but just calling and then going for a c/r on a non [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] river is also fine.
River is standard.
Old 08-04-2007, 02:12 PM

Might as well make it 3 on the turn. He's looking like AT, JJ+, Ax [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (which you're beating) or 77, TT, or (an unlikey) 98 (which you're not), so you obviously have value here. A 3-bet on the turn normally makes the same as going for the c/r on the river, and avoids the risk of busted A-high flush draws checking behind on the river.
Old 08-04-2007, 02:16 PM

I puted him on possible drow on the turn.so i just called his raise.river probably completed drow so it was caped,as my full house beating must of his holdings
Old 08-04-2007, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I puted him on possible drow on the turn.so i just called his raise.river probably completed drow so it was caped,as my full house beating must of his holdings

[/ QUOTE ]

thats why you should 3-bet the turn here, the draw isnt going anywhere, if u 3-bet here u have guaranteed 3 Bets in on the turn, if u just call it is possible that he decides not to bluff the river and u miss your chance to checkraise. villain probably hit his draw here thats why you got so much action but you would have got in one more in the case he doesnt get there.