Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2007, 12:25 PM

Default what do profitable players stats look like?

Could some players who are consistently beating the micro limit (25c-50c limit) game , please post their stats or provide some feedback on mine.
I personally am finding that i tend to break even , but long run I am loosing because of I tilt in one of those sessions when my good hands get cracked time after time.

here are my stats

VP#IP 21.25%
VP$IPSB 37.50
Won $ WSF% 27.42
BB/100 -6.35
Went to SD% 33.87
Won$ at SD% 51.19
PF Raise% 12.29
Total AF 2.65
Old 08-03-2007, 12:47 PM

Default Re: what do profitable players stats look like?

Look in the faq ^^^ on the fron page.

Your numbers are probably meeningless since they likely are from an insignificant number of hands, but a few thoughts:

-6.25 BB/100 is not break even.
Your vpip and pfr are too high unless you are good at poker
The agg factor is too high to (I think), They have a call button at your site dont they?

Solution: fold more PF, and dont try to push people off top pair.

hope it heps
-X
Old 08-03-2007, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Poster: chonpy
Subject: Re: what do profitable players stats look like?

Could some players who are consistently beating the micro limit (25c-50c limit) game , please post their stats or provide some feedback on mine.
I personally am finding that i tend to break even , but long run I am loosing because of I tilt in one of those sessions when my good hands get cracked time after time.

here are my stats

VP#IP 21.25%
VP$IPSB 37.50
Won $ WSF% 27.42
BB/100 -6.35
Went to SD% 33.87
Won$ at SD% 51.19
PF Raise% 12.29
Total AF 2.65

[/ QUOTE ]

Here are my stats at .25/.50 for the most recent 12k hands at that level. I,m not saying they are optimal or even close to optimal but they are what they are. I do not recommend you try to improve your results by changing your stats. Instead, review your hands played for plays you suspect are creating unhealthy stats and learn from your mistakes. Post the ones you aren't sure of. Participate in session reviews. Post comments on other hands posted for review.

Hands 12,329 (not enough to be definitive)
VP$IP 16.64 (tighter than recommended, but I'm not an expert player so this is working for now)
PFR% 7.47 (more passive than recommended, same deal as above as I improve I expect this will go up)
AF 1.58 (more passive than most I guess)
WTSD 32.29%
W$ASD 56.5% (too weak tight)
VPIP SB 26.33( I have no clue)
W$WSF 32.09 ( I don't know what this is)
Win Rate +2.93 (meh, better than - [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])
Old 08-03-2007, 01:38 PM

Look here FAQ and check out chapter 3 stats. Because I'm so nitty I feel I have to add: Getting the stats right is not important. Playing correctly is.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:18 PM

Sushiglutton, I assume what you are saying is one can have all the "right" stats, inside correct ranges, and still be a losing player. I am guessing one reason is you can still play the wrong cards. Any other?
Old 08-03-2007, 03:01 PM

A couple of things about this:

Some repeating errors, or leaks, are more expensive in $ to bottom line than others. I am told among the most expensive leaks is folding winning hands in big pots. If that were happening a lot it would be hard to pinpoint in stats.

Another issue is the strength of your opponents. Winning your share of pots, but small ones, vs losing more $ in pots you don't win. Again those things may shade your stats a little but might not jump out at you. So good vs poor table selection and seat selection will affect your win rate but maybe not affect your stats a great deal.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:02 PM

It doesn't take much of a stretch of only winning 1 or 2BB pots and always losing 3 or 4BB pots to put your winrate in the toilet regardless of your other numbers.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
So think about this for a minute. If you have identified this as your major problem how will analyzing stats help this issue? Also, as sushi says making good decisions is the heart of the matter and let the stats fall where they may. After looking at your stats there are plenty of winning players who have very similar numbers. That you're running so horribly either means an insufficient sample size combined with running bad or you have some leaks in your game that just don't show up in simple stats analysis.

I would suggest participating in our regular review sessions. The faults in your game that we may or may not be able to observe from your stats will hopefully become obvious when someone looks at how you play a session.