Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2007, 12:05 PM

Default 10NL - Turn makes 2 pair

Only about 10 hands with Villain, so no reads at all.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

SB ($5.20)
<font color="#C00000">BB ($7.45)</font>
UTG ($22)
UTG+1 ($10)
MP1 ($8.65)
MP2 ($5)
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($11.65)</font>
Button ($9.95)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.10, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

I like to call from LP with suited kings for pure flush value. Usually, if I miss my flush draw, then I'm out of the pot. Usually.

Flop: ($0.40) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $0.10</font>, MP2 calls $0.10,

I figure I've got a small piece of the flop, plus I have position. Some aggression just might take the pot down. Plus I figure I'm not committed at all, so if I get played back at then I'm done with the hand.

<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.40</font>, SB folds, BB calls $0.30, MP2 folds.

Turn: ($1.30) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Now things are getting interesting...

BB checks,

I've got a good hand, so I want to extract value. But that K has to be a scare card for Villain. The trick is to make the largest bet that I believe Villain will call. I decide for a little more than half the pot.

<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.75</font>, BB calls $0.75.

River: ($2.80) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $1.5</font>,

The third flush card comes, and now villain bets? Did he backdoor into a hand, or is this a desperation bluff? What Villain hands make sense here? I don't know, but I decide I'm still good, so...

<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, BB calls $2.50.

Final Pot: $10.80

How is my thought process through the hand? And what hands make sense for Villain on the river?
Old 08-02-2007, 01:23 PM

Default Re: 10NL - Turn makes 2 pair

He was the BB so I guess he could have had 9J and made a very awkward flop bet. He knows you don't have the flush so he can call the river. Of course a set is also possible. But thats perhaps results oriented..

Since the river filled both the straight and flush draws I would just call the river.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:26 PM

Flop is fine.
Bet more on the turn.
If you are going to raise river, just push.

As for the river play, i'm on the fence. I was thinking his river bet was a blocking bet, but i'm not sure if people do that at 10NL. I think river is just a call. Any hand that was good on the flop can't still be good. He must have improved.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:24 PM

I'd raise flop to $0.50.

Your giving NL 10 players far too much credit, there nearly all retarded. Things like pots odds are mystery to them. There is no points value betting the turn at NL 10 because the majority of players will call even if you pot it. Always bet large on the flop and turn and worry about value betting the river.

Thee best place too get money at NL 10 is when they are drawing because if they miss the river they usually shut down,keep betting the usually 2/3 or 3/4 of the pot on the turn even pot and over pot it from time to time.

I hate the raise on the river. I cant see what hand you put him on? As bad as NL 10 players re they rarely donk the river and call a raise with just a pair, specially on that board. He isnt donking the river with just a pair, and definitly wont call the raise with a pair.

Everything has hit on the river. The way he min-betted the flop looks alot like a SD wanting to see a cheap card. Then on the river it looks like he has 56.
Old 08-02-2007, 04:21 PM

He actually had 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

When the third [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] came on the River, the flush was the first thing I discounted. I figured there was no way he'd call my flop raise &amp; turn bet with a FD.

You'd thing I'd get tired of being wrong all the time...
Old 08-02-2007, 05:01 PM

bet more on turn and call river.
Old 08-02-2007, 05:12 PM

buddy list.
Old 08-02-2007, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

When the third [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] came on the River, the flush was the first thing I discounted. I figured there was no way he'd call my flop raise &amp; turn bet with a FD.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but do you think he'll call your raise with a worse 2 pair? Or do you think he'll fold a straight? I'm not sure there's any value in this raise here. Just call. nh.
Old 08-03-2007, 05:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He actually had 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

You'd thing I'd get tired of being wrong all the time...

[/ QUOTE ]

Aren't you glad he is such a weak player that he didn't push over your raise? It would have been hard to fold over a few more bucks.
Old 08-03-2007, 08:44 AM

What I know from my vast and seemingly never-ending experience at NL10 is people don't bluff much when there is a three flush that hits the river. At NL10 there are only a few situations when you actually get or can induce bluffs on the river and its mostly player dependent(Lagtards). That being said, you still need to call this becuase the odds are just too good. Raising is spew. The only hands that are going to call, probably have you beat, that means a set is going to call here too. Raising also does the unmentionable: paying off villian's own stupidity.

Raise that flop more if your going to do that. Bet more on the turn.