Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2007, 09:26 PM

Default AJo from the blinds.... knew i should have just folded, lol

Villain was something like 32/22/3 over about 300 hands (going from memory), so I repopped him from the SB. What the hell do I do on this flop? Bet/3 bet all in? Obv bet/fold and check/fold are out, but I can't fathom the idea of playing 150BB pot with two overs (either good??) and a straight draw. Kinda sick spot here. Help plz.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($17)
Hero ($37.10)
BB ($25)
UTG ($39.05)
MP ($24.90)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3.5</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls $2.50.

Flop: ($7.25) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $15</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero........
Old 08-02-2007, 09:46 PM

Default Re: AJo from the blinds.... knew i should have just folded, lol

This is an extremely tough hand. Thank you for posting it.

You have characterised villain as a LAG player. That helps somewhat in this hand. I commend you for playing back at him although as you identify, AJ is a marginal hand to do that.

I feel like villain will play back at you with any piece of this flop, as it is quite a scary flop for any hand that you might have (I would be nervous even if I had AA and KK in this spot).

With Villain's wide range of hands it is hard to calculate how much equity you have in this spot and how many of your outs are still live. You may even have the best hand at this point. Sorry if all of this seems obvious ... or not leading anywhere.

We can not call right? So we either push or fold. I say we push here just because villains range is so wide and he is so aggressive.