Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2007, 10:37 PM

Default NL100 This felt very very wrong

And yet I did it anyways. Doubt this guy knows about felting combo draws, FWIW. Thoughts?

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $100.50
BB: $68.91
UTG: $148.17
MP: $51.34
CO: $98.00
Hero (BTN): $98.50

Reads: <font color="blue">Villian is 18/7/4. He plays kinda weird, nothing retarded but def doesn't play like a 2+2er. Probably self taught. I just sat.</font>

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 Players)
2 folds, CO calls $1.00, <font color="red">Hero raises to $5.00</font>, SB calls $4.50, BB folds, CO calls $4.00

Flop: ($16) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, CO checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $11.00</font>, SB folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $34.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $93.50</font>
Old 08-03-2007, 10:52 PM

Default Re: NL100 This felt very very wrong

Seems like an easy fold pf unless this table is so nitty they fold to any raise pf (in which case, why would you want to be on that table).

As played, I think this is a call at best, as your gutshot outs aren't clean against a made flush, and your Ace outs probably aren't good either.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:00 PM

You can check this flop a decent amount of the time.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This was my first thought, but I couldn't explain it well enough to myself. Could you elaborate a bit?
Old 08-03-2007, 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This was my first thought, but I couldn't explain it well enough to myself. Could you elaborate a bit?

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh I cbet this most of the time, becuase we have a good amount of FE and to extract value from weaker draws.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Meh I cbet this most of the time, becuase we have a good amount of FE and to extract value from weaker draws.

[/ QUOTE ]
Weaker spades generally don't call the flop, unless they also have a pair. I think checking is better.

Betting would be much better if you have the two-card nut flush draw, instead of 1-card.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your opponents ranges most likely hit this board in some way. Pair/2pair/set. I'd be more worried about the SB than the CO but nevertheless. You have a monster draw that you don't want to get pushed off of, i.e. a better line is to check this flop, peel a turn and if it's checked around to you again, bet it.

Bottom line is, if you bet and get pushed back at, you are in a tough spot. If you get it AI on the flop your real equity to the pot is not so hot.
Old 08-04-2007, 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your opponents ranges most likely hit this board in some way. Pair/2pair/set. I'd be more worried about the SB than the CO but nevertheless. You have a monster draw that you don't want to get pushed off of, i.e. a better line is to check this flop, peel a turn and if it's checked around to you again, bet it.

Bottom line is, if you bet and get pushed back at, you are in a tough spot. If you get it AI on the flop your real equity to the pot is not so hot.

[/ QUOTE ]
TY for articulating what I couldn't. I'm personally more worried about the nit who limp/called preflop, I think his range is really geared towards low PP/SCs, but whatever. Do you cbet this HU? (versus either SB or CO)
Old 08-04-2007, 12:13 AM

oh man when i see this flop i'm praying they let me check it through.
Old 08-04-2007, 12:14 AM

Great spot to just call on the flop. You just don't have much fold equity when he check raises you here and you're going to be about a 2:1 dog to his range. However, on the call you're getting a great 2.5:1 with alot of outs. And you're probably going to get paid off by alot of his range, so it's a perfect spot to just call.

I would also definitely cbet this flop. You have a great hand with lots of equity when called and taking down the pot is just fine too.