Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2007, 01:39 PM

Default Stars 100NL; OOP with TT in 4bet pot on under card board.

I really am not sure what is the best line here? Normally this would be an easy fold preflop or check/fold on the flop at least. However, based on my read I felt folding the flop was weak.

The villain here has been very active in late position. He is running at 33/24 in a little over 100 hands. I have been attacking his late position raises with three bets quite a bit over the last 30 hands or so. He folded a few time and folded to c-bets on the flop the other times.

The BTN is a weak player who I would fully expected to fold and if not I was more than willing to felt my TT to him preflop or on a good flop.

Ok, so I believe the villain here does not have to be too strong with his 4bet. Therefore I felt folding preflop was weak.

What is the best line here?

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

Hero (SB): $161.65
BB: $100.00
UTG: $158.00
CO: $220.20
BTN: $54.55

Preflop: Hero is dealt T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $4.00</font>, BTN calls $4.00, <font color="red">Hero raises to $12.00</font>, BB folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $36.00</font>, BTN folds, Hero calls $24.00

Flop: ($77) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $45.00</font>, Hero calls $45.00

Turn: ($167) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets all-in for $139.20</font>, Hero folds

Pot Size: $306.20 ($2 Rake)
Old 08-02-2007, 02:03 PM

Default Re: Stars 100NL; OOP with TT in 4bet pot on under card board.

yeah i understand your logic with why you called preflop, but regardless of what the flop is, you are going to be in a tough spot because you are out of position. even with your read I probably fold preflop to avoid spots like this.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:10 PM

Against some opponents this line is okay, against most it's spew.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:11 PM

if this is his first fourbet then just give him credit and fold. I would only play back at his fourbets if he starts doing it often. in that case i probably c/rai on the flop. errr i didn't see you were deep. you have to fold preflop.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:14 PM

i would 3bet to 16-20, 12 i way too weak. it looks like ur sweatening the pot with one of the worst hands u could have oop. when villan 4 bets i cant see anything u can beat at all. if i was gonna call the 4 bet it would be for set value cause u both are deep. After the flop in my oppinion the only hand u beat AK. So if u call the flop i def fold the turn if he bets again. I cant see villan not having u destroyed here. I think hes only gonna 4bet there with AA,KK,QQ maybe AK. possibly JJ but then ur still beat. i would 3bet to 16 then fold to a 4bet. But u seem to have a read on the hand that makes u think u might have him. Obv u know more about him than me and if u feel u could easily have him then go for it. I also would make my decision wheather to continue with the hand or not on the flop. i would either check raise all in or fold. i dont like calling off about 1 4th of my stack like this for information.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:17 PM

I'll ignore preflop.

What were your intentions on the turn when you called his flop bet? I doubt the 7 helped his hand on the turn.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll ignore preflop.

What were your intentions on the turn when you called his flop bet? I doubt the 7 helped his hand on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
My thoughts were I would float his c-bet, and fold to a second shot unimproved. If the turn went check / check, I knew my hand was good. If a KQ or A came on the turn or river I would most likely give up my hand.

A check/raise on the flop does not seem like a good idea, he calls with hands that have me crushed and folds everything else.

I am really lost in this spot. I understand folding avoids spots like this, but against I guy that most likely reads your 3bet as a weak squeeze attempt folding to the 4 bet seems very weak.

I was expecting a 4bet when I 3bet and therefore only 3bet to 12 in order to keep the pot as small as possible.

If I fully expect a 4bet and will have to fold to a 4bet.... Do I flat call preflop???? That seems even worse, but why 3bet if you are going to fold to a 4bet you fully expect to see?

If you call the 4bet, you can't simply check/fold when you don't hit a set or st8 draw?

Basically, I am just really lost here.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:33 PM

PF is meh but the flop is nasty. cant really call this as he will be putting the money in and there are too many scare cards to hit. So push/fold flop
Old 08-02-2007, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PF is meh but the flop is nasty. cant really call this as he will be putting the money in and there are too many scare cards to hit. So push/fold flop

[/ QUOTE ]
Pushing seems really marginal. If he/she calls I am dead to two outs. If he folds I was ahead, he had at most 6 outs.

Folding seems worse, why call preflop then.

I feel like I was taking the lesser of evils on my decisions all the way up to the turn when I faced a bet I really saw no way I could call.

I'm begining to think donk betting this flop is an option, but if I donk bet I feel I mine as well tell the guy I have TT or JJ.
Old 08-02-2007, 03:09 PM

you just burned a lot of money by turning into a cs. just fold pf. as is, if you thought you were ahead pf, you should be getting it in on the flop.