Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2007, 08:04 PM

Default FIFA 2006 world cup edition

I just got this game for my xbox and I love it. But, I find one problem: on the easiest setting (amerature) I can beat any team at least 5-0 no problem; but on the second setting (semi-pro)its really difficult to win a game. I cant imagine how people beat pro or worldclass. So, am I just a huge noob or do others agree that the jump in difficulties is huge?
Old 08-01-2007, 09:09 PM

Default Re: FIFA 2006 world cup edition

[ QUOTE ]
I just got this game for my xbox and I love it. But, I find one problem: on the easiest setting (amerature) I can beat any team at least 5-0 no problem; but on the second setting (semi-pro)its really difficult to win a game. I cant imagine how people beat pro or worldclass. So, am I just a huge noob or do others agree that the jump in difficulties is huge?

[/ QUOTE ]
The key is that you just got the game. You will get better at the game as you go along.

I had the club edition of FIFA 05 (or 04). I did a season at the second difficulty level and started off with a good, but reasonably realistic record (I don't remember exactly, but started off winning games 1-0, 2-1, drawing a few games, and losing a few). But as the season went on and I played more and more, it just became easy. So I finished by winning 30+ games in a row (including european games), most of them 4-0 or more.

Basically, as you play the game, you realize what works and what doesn't and you adjust (even if only subconsiously). Unfortunately, it's been so long since I played, I don't remember what the optimum strategy was.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:55 AM

Just my humble opinion, but Fifa 07 is far superior to 06 World Cup.
Old 08-03-2007, 07:16 PM

I went from finding semi-pro pretty hard to crushing it in about 5 games. I'm now playing as Italy on world-class and i'm 0-3 against some terrible teams, but I'm usually only losing 1-0 or 2-1.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:44 AM

K more recently I went from barely losing as Italy to never playing because I tilted my Xbox a little bit while it was running for ventilation because it always gets too hot and freezes.

For those who don't know Microsoft sucks and built a crappy drive that will ruin your disk if you do this. The worst is I wouldn't be tilting it if they didn't also make a crappy system that gets way too hot.