Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2007, 05:05 AM

Default Anyone multitable HUsngs successfully?

I just got started playing again and I'm doing pretty well playing heads ups. My ROI isn't spectacular but I've massed enough games to make about $2k this week.

I've considered trying to multitable but I would imagine it would demolish my ROI into the negatives if I couldn't pay close attention to whoever I'm up against.

Anyone do this successfully and/or have any tips?
Old 08-31-2007, 05:44 AM

Default Re: Anyone multitable HUsngs successfully?

I do.

But cwar says I play too quickly and mechanically. Multitabling certainly has something to do with that. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I've been doing very well with heavy table selection and multitabling (and occasionally sitting first at a $55 or $110 if it's going slow) at $100-$220s lately though.

I have multitabled 3 at times, but rarely multitable more than 2 HUSNGs, although typically I will be multitabling 2 and have have a couple MTTs, full ring cash tables, or 9 person STTs running at the same time.
Old 08-31-2007, 05:47 AM

Oh. I don't really have any tips though. Mainly it's just a matter of being able to make decisions quick, and erring on the side of caution where you don't have specific opponent reads because you haven't been paying 100% attention.

It's probably a good idea to make sure you're making good decisions at one table first though. I think that's where I broke down quite a bit, especially on turbos.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:45 AM

Ask every seemingly bad player you play to do 2 tables at once, it's much easier to do it against the same player compared to 2 different players.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:33 AM

I multitable two $100 games with ~6% ROI. My ROI would probably be a bit higher if I played one game at the time but my $/h wouldnt.

I think most players would be better of with playing at least two games at the time. It's doesn't take a lot of training and you'll make more money..
Old 08-31-2007, 12:45 PM

talk to bcm11, he's the king of the multitable at HU. I personally struggle with it but can still do it for small profit.