Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2007, 05:10 PM

Default Flopped OESFD early in MTT - line?

Deep stacked MTT. Start with 2,500, blinds 5-10 +30 min.

Blinds 10/20. Hero is in BB with 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]-5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Hero's stack is 2,200.

Button (villan) and hero have approximately same stack size. No more than 100 chips difference. Button is a TAG player who I've played with approximately eleventy billion times. Both of us know each other's games well. An overall solid player who will throw out a bluff every now and then.

One EP limper to button who raises to 60. SB folds. Hero calls. EP calls. (Pot: 200)

Flop comes 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]-4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]-6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Hero bets 90. Limper calls, Button raises to 300. Hero calls. Limper calls. (Pot: 1,100)

Turn is 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Hero checks, Limper checks, Button bets 700.

Hero?

Line evals on all streets as I've been over this one quite a bit and really would like to know how I played this one everywhere.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:32 PM

Default Re: Flopped OESFD early in MTT - line?

- Check/Fold flop

- Preflop you Call for set value, you don't want to play a weak draw OOP for 100 bb's, you could be drawing for just 2 outs!

- Don't lead the flop!

- In deep stack tourneys, you don't want to play such draws, there are way better spots to get your chips in
Old 08-01-2007, 05:36 PM

Well, I'm not really sure how I feel about donking the flop, I guess you were trying to see the turn cheap, as that bet isn't folding out much, maybe you'll get rid of 2 overs with no clubs. Still, as deep as you are, I don't really think it was necessary. I think the call after the button raised is ok, folding would be ok too...your straight outs may be good, idk about set outs, and your flush outs are junk (well, aside from the golden 2.) Button looks like a big pair with a club, and I have no idea what the limper has. The only hand that makes any sense really is the nut flush, but if he has that, then what is button raising with, because I kinda figured him for AcAx. I mean if I was the limper and I flopped a set/straight/small flush I'd be going nuts on this flop trying to get as much money in as I possibly could before it all went to hell on the turn. I mean maybe he could have something like 65 and just forgot where the fold button was, I really don't know. Anyway, aside from the flop donk which I'm not crazy about, I think the call of button's raise is fine and I'd fold the turn. On the turn we have 4 good outs and 6 dirty ones, that's just not enough for me to continue.

edit: my ranges for them are probably wrong, but I think either way your action is the same, it's fine until the turn but you have to fold. There may be occasions where they're both drawing and you have more than 4 outs, but a lot of the time that's all that you have.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:54 PM

bet 180 on the flop. Shove if you get raised.

As played the turn is a fold.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:28 PM

I wouldn't be happy with that flop at all. It looks good but this is a perfect situation to spike an excellent but second best hand. The only outs I'm happy with are the straight flush outs and that's not enough to keep pouring chips into the pot.

In a short stack scenario, I push this flop and cross my fingers. In a deep stack scenario, I get out of there since I smell trouble brewing.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:19 AM

Fold.

You may be drawing to 2 outs and have the limper yet to act behind you.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

You may be drawing to 2 outs and have the limper yet to act behind you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this are only 2 outs

I would say at least 10 - 5,2,7 - but this ist still to less - you need at least 18 outs with the given pot odds of 1:1,57 so fold it.