Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2007, 03:39 PM

Default Perry Friedman calls raise with 9 in multiway razz hand

What do you think of seat 5's play? The converter messed up somewhat, so I showed the winning hand at the bottom.

Razz ($15/$30), Ante $3, Bring-In $5 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.20 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___completes___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___raises
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___folds

4th Street - (7.53 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 5: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (5.27 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 5: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds

6th Street - (7.27 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 5: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls

River - (9.27 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___bets___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___raises

Total pot: (13.27 BB - $398)

Results (in white):<font color="white">

Total pot $398 | Rake $3

Note: this site shuffles the hole cards.

Seat 2: [Qh 7h 4c 3d 6c 9c 2s] - 7,6,4,3,2

</font>

Seat 5: Perry Friedman showed [6d 4h 9d Ac 2c Jc 3h] and won ($395) with 6,4,3,2,A
Old 08-08-2007, 03:41 PM

Default Re: Perry Friedman calls raise with 9 in multiway razz hand

Pretty awful
Old 08-08-2007, 04:03 PM

lucky
Old 08-08-2007, 04:05 PM

His play looks fine to me. I'm not loose enough to play a 9 re-raised like that, but I might call with it depending on the game. He has 349 and he immediatly hits another two wheel cards. Who's going to fold? I'm not.

Seat 2 might have a made 64 or be drawing to one, if Perry makes his wheel he is going to get paid off. If he hits the 6, which he apparently did on the river, then he has to bet/raise - worst he can do is tie, best is win. IMHO, he played it perfectly and got the most out of it.

He played it perfectly for a very aggressive player, at any rate.

BTW, I liked the fold of the 874. I folded an 872 today in a similar situation and wondered if I was playing way too tight preflop. Nice to see it done by a more experienced Razz player.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:24 PM

IMHO, I think the only marginal decision was the first 3rd street call, and it's not really that terrible. He had at least some expectation to maybe see the 4th card for only the partial bet needed to call the completion. If both hands call behind him, he's looking at calling $10 to go to fourth street with a $75 pot.

When it's reraised, a player is driven out of the hand, and he's last to act, now he's looking at calling $15 to see a $120 pot, making this a much easier call than the first one.

After 3rd street, I don't think you can fault Perry's play at all.

Seat 2 should really have re-popped the pot on 3rd street before it came around to Perry the second time -- then Perry would have figured that he's going to get capped. Calling $45 to see a $240 pot doesn't look so good in a 3-way pot with a 9 door card, and I'm guessing he would have folded.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Calling $45 to see a $240 pot doesn't look so good in a 3-way pot with a 9 door card, and I'm guessing he would have folded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops, that should be $45 to see a $210 pot.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:14 PM

3rd street is atrocious. Its a self fulfilling prophesy on 4th because of his play on 3rd, 4-7th are fine.