Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2007, 07:45 PM

Default reacting to a thief?

On Caltrain yesterday a big black construction worker tried to jack my $4,000 sick-ass mountain bike. He went towards the front of the car with another construction worker he was sitting next to. That guy's bike was under mine (put a yellow tag on it, [censored]). Black dude helps him take off my bike so other guy can grab his, then tries to walk off the train. I'm right behind this [censored], calmly grab my bike and say "dude." Guy just keeps walking off the train and away. I'm taking the train to the next stop.

I was tired and stressed from earlier, and looking forward to the bike ride later and without thinking much about it, just let him go.

What do you do in this situation? What if it was your stop too?

Black dude is big and strong and can whoop you and five other people's ass.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:48 PM

Default Re: reacting to a thief?

Old 07-26-2007, 07:49 PM

Do you own a cell phone or carry a weapon?

I use the weapon first, if not, I use the cell phone 2nd.

edit: wait, did he give you teh bike back?
Old 07-26-2007, 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahahaha
Old 07-26-2007, 07:56 PM

on my first readthrough i assumed that he didn't steal your bike. my take was that he attempted to steal your bike, but then just dropped it and walked away when you confronted him. if this were the case i probably wouldn't call the cops. mostly because i am pretty lazy and don't feel that much would happen to the guy.

if he did walk off with your bike i would have grabbed it and if he got violent i would make some noise and then call the cops. screw missing the train.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:58 PM

PS- learn how to heel someone right in the knee when it is locked, breaking it or severely injuring it. While he was walking away this is probably what I would have done, and just got back on the train, or road my diamond encrusted bike away.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:59 PM

skunk, LOL.

Ja, what can you really do? He could have said it was honest mistake, etc. He's not going to whoop ass, he's just going to try and steal another bike on the next train. That was his goal, right? Who knows where his "real" stop was.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he's just going to try and steal another bike on the next train. That was his goal, right? Who knows where his "real" stop was.

[/ QUOTE ]
I assumed it was a crime of opportunity more than a premeditated crime. He saw a nice bike and decided to steal it; he didn't wake up and say, "I'm going to steal a bike off the train today."
Old 07-26-2007, 08:13 PM

Ja,

Maybe he was just trying to create an opportunity to ask you out?
Old 07-26-2007, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
on my first readthrough i assumed that he didn't steal your bike. my take was that he attempted to steal your bike, but then just dropped it and walked away when you confronted him. if this were the case i probably wouldn't call the cops. mostly because i am pretty lazy and don't feel that much would happen to the guy.

if he did walk off with your bike i would have grabbed it and if he got violent i would make some noise and then call the cops. screw missing the train.

[/ QUOTE ]

obviously the guy didn't make off with the bike.

[ QUOTE ]
PS- learn how to heel someone right in the knee when it is locked, breaking it or severely injuring it. While he was walking away this is probably what I would have done, and just got back on the train, or road my diamond encrusted bike away.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. if he had taken this guy's knee out, he would have 1) got arrested and 2) been sued for lots of money.

as others have said the guy would have jsut said "i was moving the bike" or something, and then you'd be [censored].