Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2007, 10:35 PM

Default NORMAL VARIANCE AT 50NL

I am going threw the worst run of cards in my life. I play around 2k hands a day 4 tabbles of 50nl. the last 3 days i have lost somewhere around 5-600 dollers and I did not tilt at all. I reivewed all my sessions on PokerTracker and really did not see more then 1 hand that i really could of done anything differently. Most of them were Coolers, Bad beats where i got my money in way ahead (set on the turn Vs Flushdraw). How many buyin's is a normal swing at 50 nl where the players are downright aweful.

I am no noob or donk i play a very TAG style and have had some decent success. I honestly feel that I cannot win since I get my hands in with the best of it and just keep getting bad beated or Set Over set or something to that nature.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:38 PM

Default Re: NORMAL VARIANCE AT 50NL

[ QUOTE ]
I am going threw the worst run of cards in my life. I play around 2k hands a day 4 tabbles of 50nl. the last 3 days i have lost somewhere around 5-600 dollers and I did not tilt at all. I reivewed all my sessions on PokerTracker and really did not see more then 1 hand that i really could of done anything differently. Most of them were Coolers, Bad beats where i got my money in way ahead (set on the turn Vs Flushdraw). How many buyin's is a normal swing at 50 nl where the players are downright aweful.

I am no noob or donk i play a very TAG style and have had some decent success. I honestly feel that I cannot win since I get my hands in with the best of it and just keep getting bad beated or Set Over set or something to that nature.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ ] I grab one of my cards, get up from the table, and try to tear it, but cannot. Instead, I just shove it in my mouth.

Scale down.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:39 PM

Sucks for you. I'd wager that $500-$600 that you definitely did not play always play optimally.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:44 PM

Must be giving chips away in small parts but its been one hell of a bad run of cards. Most buyins ive ever lost on a downswing was like 6 before. I guess thats why I keep a 45+buyin bankroll to absorbe garbage like this. I have to really look back at the small pots ive lost and see what I am doing wrong.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am going threw the worst run of cards in my life. I play around 2k hands a day 4 tabbles of 50nl. the last 3 days i have lost somewhere around 5-600 dollers and I did not tilt at all. I reivewed all my sessions on PokerTracker and really did not see more then 1 hand that i really could of done anything differently. Most of them were Coolers , Bad beats where i got my money in way ahead (set on the turn Vs Flushdraw). How many buyin's is a normal swing at 50 nl where the players are downright aweful .

I am no noob or donk i play a very TAG style and have had some decent success. I honestly feel that I cannot win since I get my hands in with the best of it and just keep getting bad beated or Set Over set or something to that nature .

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I am bored. But don't worry, it's probably just variance if you are playing as well as you say you are.

Please find the other faults people.

edit: Thanks, success was indeed spelled correctly, I am such a moran.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sucks for you. I'd wager that $500-$600 that you definitely did not play always play optimally.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol this is a great bet considering no one plays optimally

<font color="white">leveled </font>
Old 07-28-2007, 10:47 PM

Success is spelled right, yo.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:47 PM

you probably just suck
Old 07-28-2007, 10:49 PM

Old 07-28-2007, 10:49 PM

I mean if I was perfect I wouldn't be playing 50NL. I normall run about 5BB/100 at these stakes. What is a normal downswing at these stakes given that I am a winning player that doesn't Tilt.

The month of July has been downright brutal for me. Hopeing August is a heck of alot better.