Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2007, 01:49 PM

Default Just purchased PT.... am I a NIT?

I am a first time poster so bare with me, and I apologize for the length. I am not new to playing online but after being stacked too many times by NITS or laying down a monster against a LAG so I decided PT would be a good investment and so I could attempt to track all stats.

After 9500 hands my VP$IP is 16.43, PFR% is 7.85 and PFAF is .84 and I have been winning at 5.5bb/100.

Judging from those stats I look like a NIT but my issue is I 6-table and often 8-table. So when multitabling I would normally play fewer hands and concentrate more on position, could that be reason for my stats?

Also from my small database the average players stats are VP$IP of 25.52 and a PFR% 6.79 and the biggest winners are close to my stats with <25 VP$IP.

Do these stats hold up over a larger database or is it just due to my smaller collectino of hands?
Old 07-29-2007, 02:00 PM

Default Re: Just purchased PT.... am I a NIT?

Also all of the hands in this database are from full ring, could that cause some of the lower values in my stats?
Old 07-29-2007, 02:14 PM

Your stats seem solid IMO, you might get a more accurate response from the guys in the FR Forum but maybe you call when you could be raising for value as you've got a low AF but I dunno 5PTBB/100 seems solid IMO.

Edit: I missed that AF was just for PF, what's your overall AF?
Old 07-29-2007, 02:36 PM

What buy-in?

Is .84 your total AF or your PFAF? If it's total it's pretty low. Otherwise your stats look solid. At FRNL, a nit is something like 10/4/1.5 (or lower).

Is that 5.5bb/100 or 5.5PTBB/100? Hard to argue either way, though if you're playing micros you can get away with a lot of leaks and still make good money.
Old 07-29-2007, 02:54 PM

^^
I play 25NL. My PFAF is .84 and total is 1.27 and I wish I could be more help but it's 5.5bb/100 (I don't know what PTBB is yet)
Old 07-29-2007, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I play 25NL. My PFAF is .84 and total is 1.27 and I wish I could be more help but it's 5.5bb/100 (I don't know what PTBB is yet)

[/ QUOTE ]

Poker Tracker was initially developed with limit hold'em in mind. So results are tracked by Big Bets, not Big Blinds (because in limit, a Big Blind is only one half of a Big Bet). So when PT was adapted to work with NL cash games, the PTBB standard (Poker Tracker Big Bet) was still applied to NL cash games.

So, if you haven't made any adjustments to PT settings, they when PT reports your win rate as 5.5 bb/100, that's 5.5 PTBB, or 11 big blinds per hundred for the level you're playing at.

And that ain't bad.

If you're playing FR NL25, then your stats are solid. At that level straight-forward, tight-aggressive play will get you the money.

Best of luck at the tables! Oh, and get PAHUD. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-29-2007, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Poker Tracker was initially developed with limit hold'em in mind. So results are tracked by Big Bets, not Big Blinds (because in limit, a Big Blind is only one half of a Big Bet). So when PT was adapted to work with NL cash games, the PTBB standard (Poker Tracker Big Bet) was still applied to NL cash games.

So, if you haven't made any adjustments to PT settings, they when PT reports your win rate as 5.5 bb/100, that's 5.5 PTBB, or 11 big blinds per hundred for the level you're playing at.

And that ain't bad.

If you're playing FR NL25, then your stats are solid. At that level straight-forward, tight-aggressive play will get you the money.

Best of luck at the tables! Oh, and get PAHUD. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the clarification. I am definetly getting a heads up display to make things easier especially for multi-tabling.

As I am starting to explore more of PT I am having some troubles in auto-rating players. I visited the PT forums and never found any solid info about what limits to assign each category of player.

Are there any links someone could provide? The 2+2 search never provided me with much to go on.
Old 07-29-2007, 05:18 PM

That's actually a feature I ignore.

I mostly use if for stat tracking, session review and feading my HUD.
Old 07-29-2007, 06:50 PM

I rate players wtih Pahud, so when specific ranges of VPIP get certain colors.

for instance I use green for loose players, so I configure PAHUD to show people's VPIP thats higher then 25% in green.

rating players in PT is mainly to find the fish/shark while you are NOT playing, but that is only useful once you reach NL400+ imo.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am having some troubles in auto-rating players.

[/ QUOTE ]

First close all windows in Poker Tracker (like Ring Game Statistics).
Then click on "Utilities" then "Autorate players".
Leave Step 1&2 as they are and then on Step 3 click on "Rate Batch".
That should autorate everyone with the symbols listed in Step 2.