Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2007, 03:11 PM

Default NL200; should I contibet in this spot against this guy with AK?

villain: 54.8/32.2/2.2/33.33 over 31 hands

Prima Network No-Limit Hold'em, $2.00 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

BB ($286.60)
UTG ($239.75)
MP ($145.86)
CO ($318.40)
Button ($168.18)
Hero ($197.00)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $12</font>, CO calls $12, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $51</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $39, CO folds.

Flop: ($116) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero...

Should I contibet here respectively go allin (villain's stack is less than the pot contain)?
Old 07-27-2007, 03:19 PM

Default Re: NL200; should I contibet in this spot against this guy with AK?

Id like to bet 50 and heres why....looks like a weak bet, and he re-raises with air. At that point your ahead or probably have 6-outs with 2 cards to come which getting 4-1 on your money twice is decent odds.
He can just call at which point you could reeval the turn and possibly get away.
If you go all in he's likely to drop hands you are destroying making him play correctly. If he has anything he's calling you and now you look silly, but still have draws to TPTK im sure.
So, although Id bet 50, im instantly callin an all in. In essence, Im willing to go all in, but think i can win more from his silliness by giving him room to make a mistake again. If I push, he cant try anything on me so he is stuck.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Id like to bet 50 and heres why....looks like a weak bet, and he re-raises with air. At that point your ahead or probably have 6-outs with 2 cards to come which getting 4-1 on your money twice is decent odds.
He can just call at which point you could reeval the turn and possibly get away.
If you go all in he's likely to drop hands you are destroying making him play correctly. If he has anything he's calling you and now you look silly, but still have draws to TPTK im sure.
So, although Id bet 50, im instantly callin an all in. In essence, Im willing to go all in, but think i can win more from his silliness by giving him room to make a mistake again. If I push, he cant try anything on me so he is stuck.

[/ QUOTE ]

so basically u'r hoping to bluff him out of small pp or AK/AQ? or just felt it with at most 6 outs (I see tons of player just call with Ks/As). against a player like this, it's probably c/f or c/r ai I think
Old 07-27-2007, 06:27 PM

Dont cbet, you fold out AK, which you split with anyways since he prob aint betting it.

OT: Whos more agg postflop? 10/5/2.5 or 85/15/2.5??? its a difference right?
Old 07-27-2007, 06:36 PM

If he is calling $51 preflop you have to consider what range of hands he is going to call with. I'm thinking AK/AQ/QQ/JJ/TT would be my thinking. Yet with his numbers it could also be a small pp trying to set up and double up. If you bet the villian all in right on the flop you win on a fold and if he calls you will certainly see the next two cards. I believe that the big flop bet is going to represent AA/KK and should get JJ/TT to fold. If he does call w/ a pp you will get to see the river.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he is calling $51 preflop you have to consider what range of hands he is going to call with. I'm thinking AK/AQ/QQ/JJ/TT would be my thinking. Yet with his numbers it could also be a small pp trying to set up and double up. If you bet the villian all in right on the flop you win on a fold and if he calls you will certainly see the next two cards. I believe that the big flop bet is going to represent AA/KK and should get JJ/TT to fold. If he does call w/ a pp you will get to see the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong again, u acutally win at poker?
Old 07-27-2007, 06:39 PM

How about some reasoning behind my suggestions besides coming in and just say "wrong". Thanks
Old 07-27-2007, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

player who can fold over pair to a bet on flop like this do not call that big a raise preflop to start with, in fact, I think every pp is going to raise you allin here even if it's 5s and 6s

if you are going to felt this hand, C/R ai, you get more value out of AQ/AK (villain will bet those when checked to and should fold it to allin raise). against other hands, try to get lucky I guess.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:43 PM

With a $110 pot and $95 left against a very loose player I would go broke every time if he has me beat. If you think you can get him to fold small pairs with a shove, i would do that. But i doubt thsi guy is folding a pair here -- i think it is a better plan to keep AJ or whatever around. I would bet $40 on the flop.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:57 PM

I like your thinking. If you do bet the $40 and get raised all in....well than hope! LOL.