Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2007, 05:38 PM

Default health and fitness

This forum is about "health" and fitness? Correct?

I must admit that I am recovering from a problem with alcohol.

I have a good general idea of what to do regarding physical fitness. I'm looking for suggestions on how to get my mental health back after 6 years of alcohol abuse.

Supplements?
Meditation?
Yoga?

Thanks.

jb
Old 07-26-2007, 07:06 PM

Default Re: health and fitness

Having a good support group is one of the best things you can do. As far as supplements go I'll recommend whey protein if you don't think you're getting enough from your diet and fish oil capsules (omega 3 capsules) unless you're eating fish everyday, which you're not [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Good luck on your path
Old 07-26-2007, 07:58 PM

I am curious what your plans are with respect to physical fitness...

I think for some people a good run or awesome workout is comparable to any more conventional form of unloading stress.

I agree completely with the fish oil and protein suggestion. Also, and this goes for everyone, a solid multivitamin is never a bad investment.

Good luck with everything and please continue to post here or ask anything you're curious about.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:34 PM

Plan for recovery...

Physical fitness;

Daily bike ride. Including intervals.

3 times weekly weight training. Whole body work.

Nutrition: Healthy foods plus fish oil. Even with the alcohol addiction, I tended to be relatively healthy with nutrition....whatever...

Seriously, just want to get back to a good fitness/health starting point. The alcohol diversion really sucked!!! Made me really stupid and unhealthy.

Thanks though..

jb
Old 07-27-2007, 01:07 AM

Also, you might want to look into Vitamin packs such as Animal Pak or Super Pak. They really bolster your immune system when you workout. An intense workout suppresses the immune system and you surely can't exercise when you're sick!
Old 07-27-2007, 03:42 AM

What is "animal pak" and "super pak"?

Definitely need to bolster my immune system!

Thanks,

jb
Old 07-27-2007, 12:28 PM

Things like that are almost always extremely highly priced vitamins of the same type you can get in any store.

I'd recommend you keep doing productive things of any sort, fitness included. Alcohol and drug abuse are much more tempting when you have either time on your hands or feel like whatever it is you are doing isn't so hot. But stick to almost anything, with a good positive spirit and work ethic, and you start getting results that make you feel good and maybe do a little something for your life, making it easier and easier to keep going. The hard part is always starting. But if you keep yourself busy enough, you barely have time to even think about how starting sucks.

This can be taken too far into workaholism, but frankly, being a workaholic beats being a druggie or a boozer 1000%. And a little overdosing on work and activities for a while will hurt you less than falling back into drink or drugs.