Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2006, 11:49 AM

Default 10-20 TT and a passive line

I didn't feel comfortable with this. My plan on the flop was to put in a raise on the turn but after the ace of spades hit I felt like any more bets on my part would end the hand unless I was already behind.

UTG+1 is 16.5/12.5/2.5 over 300+ hands.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Button folds, Hero calls, BB folds.

Turn: (5 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks.

River: (5 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks.

Final Pot: 5 BB
Old 02-24-2006, 12:11 PM

Default Re: 10-20 TT and a passive line

Raise preflop.

If it gets capped preflop check raise the flop, If it doesn't bet out. Too many draws to slowplay.
Old 02-24-2006, 09:01 PM

Is it standard to reraise an UTG 12% raiser like this or was everyone else asleep when I posted this?
Old 02-24-2006, 09:03 PM

were you calling a river bet? If so, bet the river.
Old 02-24-2006, 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
were you calling a river bet? If so, bet the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was so you're right. So what is people's threshold for 3-betting from the SB? 99? 88?
Old 02-24-2006, 09:32 PM

I would 3-bet PF, with TT being my threshold against this type of opponent.

I'd also bet the flop and try to get a raise out of him so that I could three-bet. The board is draw heavy and you need to start charging them. I don't think it matters too much if other people want to come along for the ride or not, as you know which cards are going kill you.

Also, bet the turn. It gets tricky if you are raised by something like AK with the King of spades, but it's way better then giving him a free card when he would pay.

If you were planning on calling a river bet, then I'd bet it myself. Unless you can't fold to a river raise, then I'd probably chicken out and check/call only to see it go check, check.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:18 PM

Preflop: 3-bet (I wouldn't with 99)

Flop: Bet out. It's the best way to protect your hand here.

Turn: Bet out. If the preflop raiser raises the turn, I'd 3-bet and bet any non-spade river. If he caps, I'd check/call any river. If the turn raiser is one of the other two guys, I'd call the turn, and check/call any non-full-house river.

River: As played, bet if you plan to call a river bet.
Old 02-24-2006, 11:05 PM

I like that, thanks guys.
Old 02-25-2006, 10:12 AM

Preflop - With TT in the sb and a raise from UTG1 I don't see how TT could be a huge favorite here. I like to reraise here a % of the time and call a % of the time. The only reason why I would consider reraising is because there are only two players against you.

Flop - Depending on your action Preflop I don't mind checking or betting in this position. The bigger the pot the more I'm protecting it. Raising is an option too if he thinks you are capable of raising your flush draw out of position. I'm definitely betting or raising in this position though, you need to find out where your op cards stand on the flop.

Turn - If your op just calls the Flop I would bet on the Turn. I don't have a problem taking it 3bets in situation too.

River - Check on flush, bet on non-heart.

Again, alot of these moves depends on how well you can read your op. Do you think he's tricky in a sense where he'll cap the turn for value with just a pair and a flush draw or do you think he is capable of capping here with TP w/flush draw. The person your up against seems to be aggressive so he might have a hand you can still beat even if he caps the Turn.
Old 02-25-2006, 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Too many draws to slowplay.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bang on. Raise preflop. Check raise the flop and bet out.