Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2007, 04:18 AM

Default 400NL vs ThinKing TAG (NITTT) KK on a paired board.

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $2/$4 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $898.52
BB: $400.00
Hero (UTG): $434.00
CO: $414.00
BTN: $80.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $16.00</font>, CO calls $16.00, 2 folds, BB calls $12.00

Flop: ($50) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $30.00</font>, CO calls $30.00, <font color="red">BB raises to $125.00</font>, Hero calls $95.00, CO folds

Turn: ($330) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets all-in for $259.00</font>, Hero calls $259.00

yes no maybe so?

he's like 18/13.

I'm visiting friends in Canada so I gets TEH PARTY POKERS [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 07-26-2007, 04:32 AM

Default Re: 400NL vs ThinKing TAG (NITTT)

I've just joineds teh party and it is awesome! To your hand...I used to play around 18/13 and there's a damn fine chance I would have called with a hand like 65s (which is the only conceivable hand for me) after the CO called, too. Had the CO not have called I would have mucked 65s.

I suppose it's player preference but I wouldn't have raised the flop if I was him, I would have left that to the turn. However, the point is, there's a good chance you got outflopped. Of course, what are the odds of him holding 65s specifically? Eh.

Had he lost any big pots a few hands before?
Was he running well?

I think there's a couple of factors that would influence his play psychologically speaking because I feel paired flops are a favourite amongst a lot of players to run a bluff.
Old 07-26-2007, 04:34 AM

I think you can fold the flop here.
Old 07-26-2007, 04:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you can fold the flop here.

[/ QUOTE ]

as crazy as it sounds, i think i agree. some of the 18/13's play so damn tight and could exploit so many situations vs. good players for a few times until they caught on, but of course they don't. i mean obviously there are some sick good 18/13's and some that are just super standard, but i feel like the latter is the more likely kind - which doesn't bluff much if ever, especially not here.
Old 07-26-2007, 04:47 AM

im' not bull [censored] you when i say that i've seen nits turn up 99 here, and with a good frequency
Old 07-26-2007, 04:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
im' not bull [censored] you when i say that i've seen nits turn up 99 here, and with a good frequency

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, but that usually depends more on your image, which we apparantly don't have one?

so i guess the AEJONESSSS thinks its a stackoff [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

well i haven't but i suppose some of them could.

also this is party, i didn't take that into consideration when i first responded.

also also do u have a good sample on the guy?
Old 07-26-2007, 04:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've just joineds teh party and it is awesome! To your hand...I used to play around 18/13 and there's a damn fine chance I would have called with a hand like 65s (which is the only conceivable hand for me) after the CO called, too. Had the CO not have called I would have mucked 65s.

I suppose it's player preference but I wouldn't have raised the flop if I was him, I would have left that to the turn. However, the point is, there's a good chance you got outflopped. Of course, what are the odds of him holding 65s specifically? Eh.

Had he lost any big pots a few hands before?
Was he running well?

I think there's a couple of factors that would influence his play psychologically speaking because I feel paired flops are a favourite amongst a lot of players to run a bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

what are u rambling on about dude

also waiting for the turn to raise w/trips is so transparent
Old 07-26-2007, 04:42 AM

just seems like BB never bluffs here, and wouldnt really raise med PP here as an 18/13 player in a multiway pot b/c overpair is so likely for one of you, so he is trying to get it in on the flop before you get scared.
If he is nitty fold the flop. If you cant do that then waste the 90 bucks and fold a turn bet or spike a K [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]